• Thread starter Thread starter tomicman44
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 756
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomicman44

Reaction score
I'm Done with Football Manager for a few months. I just can't take it anymore. I have had some good times and bad times in this game in about equal measures but I just can't stand all the problems I have with the game.

1. Match engine is rubbish when playing as lower league teams. A lower league striker should be able to finish a shot from 12 yards out against a lower league goalkeeper just as easily as a prem striker can against a prem goalkeeper.

2. I think they have added a lot more significance to mind games, team talks and such in this game, but they haven't made these systems logical in anyway so you have to make absurd decisions in these situations in order to get a good response from your team. Don't make this stuff have a significant impact if you haven't developed the system.

3. Match engine doesn't follow tactics. I'm sick of midfielders taking long shots when there is an obvious through balls available and I have set long shots to rarely.

4. Tactical Options don't make sense. I have never understood why counter attacking football is apparently played at a slow tempo according to the game yet that directly contradicts real life where it is all about breaking fast and playing the ball fast up the pitch.

I like Football Manager. I understand it is hard to create a realistic system. I understand it is a new match engine. I not saying the game is unplayable or anything like that. I'm just not having fun with this year's game, even when I win a game it doesn't feel like it's because of anything I have done so I don't get any sense of achievement. I really shouldn't have needed to use this forum as much as I have. No other game I have played has required as much research as this game has and this is coming from someone who has played football manager for over 10 years and has always created and developed there own tactics.

ps. Sorry for the long rant, I just needed to vent my frustrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back