Import older head coach to new game

• Thread starter Thread starter Auron
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

Auron

Reaction score
Hey there,i am somewhat new to fm and a quick search on the net didnt bring up any conclusive result so i have a question for you.I just finished my 5th season and i am thinking of restarting the game; i joined a high profile club two seasons ago and things are going too well for me,feels like there isnt too much of a challenge.However i'd like to keep my profile as a head coach mainly because i ve invested a lot of time PR,especially with other head coaches,and i wouldnt like to lose all that as much as the stats about my playstyle etc.
Long story short can you import a head coach (with his stats/history etc.) and start the game from scratch?
Moreover is it possible to start at a date earlier than late 2010/mid 2011,say 2005?

There is no saved career in the game for your trainer, it's just the manager for that specific game.

And no, it is impossible to start om 2005 playing FM 2012. The earlier date in which you can start a game is in January 2010 I think...

You cannot keep you manager Biograpghy/Stats, must start from afresh (this has been suggested to FM and I think they are considering it but only for current managers, IE you contimue as SAF at United rather than start as a new manager)

^^^^ Earliest you can start is January 2010. If you want to play from 2005 I can sell you my FM2005 hahaha

Can't start from pre-2010, and if you want to start again with the same manager why not just continue your save and join another club...?

Thanks for the answers.
@tubby
The reason i want to start from scratch is that after playing for more than 5 seasons current players get too old(or will get in a couple of seasons) and you get to deal with many unknown youngsters/computer generated players.I'd rather stick with actual players ;)

Back