Improvements/Tweaks to my created Tactic

• Thread starter Thread starter Tank031193
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1K

Tank031193

Reaction score
Hi all,

just wondering if anybody could help me, I have been working on a 4-5-1 tactic in which I have 2 defensive minded cb's, 2 defensive minded full backs, a defensive minded anchor man a support minded ball winning mid, a support minded advanced playmaker in centre mids, 2 attack minded wingers and a attack minded complete striker or target man up front. I play fluid controlled short passing with width and a deep defensive line.

I have had reasonable success with it so far in the couple of games I have tried it in, most successfully winning the FA Cup back to back with spurs as well as 2 Community Shields back to back, a League Cup and securing 4th place.

Im allways looking to improve or tweak my tactic i just wondered if anybody had any suggestions anything would be help full as although i have been playing FM for a few years now i have only just managed to start playing again.

Thanks in Advance for your time.

It seems like you have build a good basis of a tactic. To make it even better, its not about tweaking a slider here or a slider there, but to adjust to what happends in every match. If the opponent man marks your only Fc and tries( read succeds) to take him out of the game, then dont use him as a target man. If the opponent floods the midfield and make sure that the FC gets really isolated etc, then crosses will be fruitless as they will sit with 5 men in the box when they come. If they keep possession wide inbetween your stratas, playing triangels, then you need to push up the team and play, not more attacking, but more compact and hassle them etc etc.

In what matches does your approach seem to fail and how doe sthe flow of the game look ?. Is it away against top teams, home to middle teams that just defend etc ?

Hey TheBetterHalf,

This post is off-topic from this thread but would you consider doing a detailed thread/post on how to read the ME when watching matches?

Reading your above post, it seems like you have alot of skill and knowledge in reading the ME whilst watching the match and understanding what settings/factors contribute to what happens in a match and I would love to read your theory/thoughts on this subject as I believe it will help FM'ers quite alot

:D

Thanks for the Response TheBetterHalf, so far i just seem to have a random sequence of results for example i will beat a top team then lose to a relegation threatend team then draw with a middle placed team but on my spurs game i went on a few decent run's but one thing that stuck out is everytime i played Manchester United home or away i allways lost 4-0 or 5-0 etc

is there any current thread up or can you give me on any advice on how to adjust tactics according to the game situation thats a big weakness of mine?

Thanks Again.

Back