Improving Finishing?

• Thread starter Thread starter Scotty98TR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 9K

Scotty98TR

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some help in getting my team to stop wasting so many shots? Almost every game I will have 10-15 shots, with about half from outside the box (Despite having everyone set to not take long shots and using the 'Work ball into box' shout!), but I will only get around 3 or 4 on target!

And the last few games I have drawn because the other team will score with just 1 shot! :/

So how can I increase my teams finishing, or at least stop them taking so many shots?

Taah! :)

unfortunately thats just something the match engine likes to do to you every now and again when you play possession football in my experience :/

but it's not as bad as most people say, at least SI isn't EA ha

The match engine needs fixing. The vast majority of people are experiencing this same issue.

Depends a lot on tempo, passing style, formation, player ppms and creative freedom.
Sometimes they just run out of viable options so hitting one from range is all they can do, if you find they're doing it far too much try playing a more direct game and forcing the ball upfield quicker. It's not the ME's fault, you can't expect to worm the ball into the box all the time, sometime shooting from range is all you can do. Plus some teams go out and force you to shoot from range by packing the box a little more than others, it's so situational you can't just blame the ME.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...cussion/106921-post-your-frustrations-43.html

The match engine is flawed. All you have to do is read the tread, I have had my defense and goalkeeper do the most ridic things at times. I'll not mention the strikers could be here all day.

Never said it wasn't flawed, just that it's not all the MEs fault. Sometimes shooting from range is all they can do, either because of your own tactics or because of how the other team is set up.

People are far to quick to blame something else because it's never them who are either at fault or have missed something.

Last edited:
Never said it wasn't flawed, just that it's not all the MEs fault. Sometimes shooting from range is all they can do, either because of your own tactics or because of how the other team is set up.

People are far to quick to blame something else because it's never them who are either at fault or have missed something.

I agree with you to some extent I blame the Beta for all the flack the ME is getting...

The biggest problem I find is most people cant decipher whether or not its actually their tactics or the match engine...

for me ppms are important. any striker with poor finishing or who cant just finish. just teach them go round keeper, or place shoots. never ever teach a striker to shoot with power if he has poor technique.

Yeah I agree with what you are saying "Too many people are quick to jump on the match engine". Its not the tactics because the computer is predictable when it is about to score. You can see it happening, by how they pass the ball around then a worldy of a through ball is played and bang goal.

As for my team, my winger instead of playing the easy cross to the open man once he has hit the byline, he will then decide to pick out my fullback who swings a cross in from the halfway line. The defensive side of the game has gone out the window, the choices my by center backs are unbelievable at times, goalkeepers get beat regular at there near post.

All these mistakes are made by so called potentially world class players, I know lads who play Sunday league that do not make any of these. Its comedy to say the least.

How can SI get it so wrong from 2012 to 2013?

I had Zaha missing all of his shots but after training on his finishing and composure he's been better. I have yet to find a viable complaint about the me.

Yeah I agree with what you are saying "Too many people are quick to jump on the match engine". Its not the tactics because the computer is predictable when it is about to score. You can see it happening, by how they pass the ball around then a worldy of a through ball is played and bang goal.

As for my team, my winger instead of playing the easy cross to the open man once he has hit the byline, he will then decide to pick out my fullback who swings a cross in from the halfway line. The defensive side of the game has gone out the window, the choices my by center backs are unbelievable at times, goalkeepers get beat regular at there near post.

All these mistakes are made by so called potentially world class players, I know lads who play Sunday league that do not make any of these. Its comedy to say the least.

How can SI get it so wrong from 2012 to 2013?

2012 had an old ME that had years of updates under its belt, 2013 has had a few months of real testing and updates.

Depends a lot on tempo, passing style, formation, player ppms and creative freedom.
Sometimes they just run out of viable options so hitting one from range is all they can do, if you find they're doing it far too much try playing a more direct game and forcing the ball upfield quicker. It's not the ME's fault, you can't expect to worm the ball into the box all the time, sometime shooting from range is all you can do. Plus some teams go out and force you to shoot from range by packing the box a little more than others, it's so situational you can't just blame the ME.

Thanks, I was wanting someone else's opinions on what would effect it, and you basically said everything I thought too. And I refuse to blame the ME for stuff, I think it was flawed to begin with and now everyone just uses it as an excuse for their **** tactics :/

I agree with you to some extent I blame the Beta for all the flack the ME is getting...

The biggest problem I find is most people cant decipher whether or not its actually their tactics or the match engine...

Agree with all these^ Wish people would stop blaming the ME :)

goalkeepers get beat regular at there near post.

Im 95% sure Iv narrowed this down to the ability the goalkeeper has for rushing out...

Mikal Saizar my first GK had good rushing out for his level rarely if ever conceded at near post
Ustari had good rushing out too same thing good at stopping the nearpost shots
then my regen GK his rushing out is shocking (8/9) concedes a good bit at the near post
Courtois (9) rushing out same thing concedes too easy at the near post and he is world class in mine now...

Hi guys, I noticed a problem with one of my players when my staff advised me to teach him to shoot with power. Before he learned the trait he was my top scorer but since he learned the trait he consistently fails to score good chances. I had a look at the goal analysis for my team both for and against me and around 80% of the goals were placed shots and less than 10% were power shots. I am currently training one of my backup strikers with place shots more often to see if his goal ratio, if it does then I will train it as standard. ps. My striker that went off was Necid who has good finishing, strength and technique which should be the attributes required for good power shots.

Back