mrfozz1883

Reaction score
Not sure if I have asked before, I got a couple of questions here goes...

1. Can inactive countries be reactivated in the editor...
I have a couple of ideas I want to try out, I want to reactivate The Soviet Union and Yugoslavia

2. Can new countries be started from scratch
I would like to add some non-FIFA or non-Confederation teams i.e. Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Catalonia etc, could this be achieved by starting from scratch or would I have to swap them with current countries...

Going back to my Soviet and Yugoslavia idea, can I edit the info already there or would I have to swap them with, say, Russia and Serbia...

Any advice is appreciated

1. Yes.

You need to edit the nation config file. It should be located at:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2015 Editor\data\format\database

Find the file nation.xml and open it with a text editor (e.g. Notepad).

Search for the "continent" section:

<!-- Continent -->
<record>
<flags id="field" value="Ncti"/>
<string id="name" value="Continent"/>
<flags id="type" value="database_record_unique_id"/>
<flags id="database_table_type" value="continent"/>
<boolean id="is_client_field" value="true"/>
<boolean id="is_read_only" value="true"/>

Then you need to change the "is_read_only" value to "false", so the last line should read:

<boolean id="is_read_only" value="false"/>

Save your changes and start the FM editor, and now you can change the continent of nations and assign a continent to inactive nations - which will activate them.

2. No.

If you want to create nations that don't already exist in the game, you will need to activate and edit an existing nation.

Just beware that the names of regens will come from the name database of the nation you're replacing. So if you turn East or West Germany into Catalonia, their names will be German sounding, not Spanish...

1. Yes.

You need to edit the nation config file. It should be located at:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2015 Editor\data\format\database

Find the file nation.xml and open it with a text editor (e.g. Notepad).

Search for the "continent" section:

Then you need to change the "is_read_only" value to "false", so the last line should read:

Save your changes and start the FM editor, and now you can change the continent of nations and assign a continent to inactive nations - which will activate them.

So it is just a case of changing the parts of the XML you have bolded???

Will do it when I get round to it...Got quite a few things in my head at the moment...

Still getting to grips with the Editor

Thanks for the reply

Not sure if I have asked before, I got a couple of questions here goes...

1. Can inactive countries be reactivated in the editor...
I have a couple of ideas I want to try out, I want to reactivate The Soviet Union and Yugoslavia

2. Can new countries be started from scratch
I would like to add some non-FIFA or non-Confederation teams i.e. Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Catalonia etc, could this be achieved by starting from scratch or would I have to swap them with current countries...

Going back to my Soviet and Yugoslavia idea, can I edit the info already there or would I have to swap them with, say, Russia and Serbia...

Any advice is appreciated
you will need to activate and edit an existing nation.
o.png

So it is just a case of changing the parts of the XML you have bolded???

Yes, you just change the value of the "continent" field from "read-only=true" to "read-only=false". Then you will be able to change it the next time you open the editor.

Once you activate/change a nation, there might be issues with World cup/Euro qualifying and there will almost certainly be issues with European qualification for clubs, but that's a whole different can of worms...