mabbutt

Reaction score
So I've tried setting up a basic tactic I've tried a complicated one I've tried playing to the oppositions weaknesses but to mixed success. I'm still confused as to if you set up your team a certain way how u can expect to just change to counter during a game and expect it to work if your an attacking team for example. Surely the tactic understanding drops.
If I get a reply I'll upload my team as I need a bit of advice I'm currently shef wed expected mid table but asked to play attacking. My assistant is constantly telling me to play standard and disciplined and I'm stuck in a win then lose convey a belt of results.

Obviously your tactical familiarity drops. It's to be expected.

If you make the right changes though - a better, but slightly unfamiliar tactic > a familiar, poorer tactic.

Are you making these big changes before a game though? And why that drastic? I also hope that you're not just simply changing the Mentality. And if you're not, wouldn't it just make more sense to set up a different tactic altogether?

I've stuck to the same attacking style that I have to play, but I listen to the assistant for some games but he's very defensive

But as for changes I make them during games occasionally from his advice but sometimes I change formation. If you take a look in the tactics thread I posted it on there titled tactic help. Could u take a look

But if you don't want to follow the assistant's advice, don't? You're the manager/the boss.

truthfully i dont have experience with 3 at the back formations i always play flat back 4 with attacking full backs

truthfully i dont have experience with 3 at the back formations i always play flat back 4 with attacking full backs

Look at Juventus under Conte, the 352 with central midfielder (pirlo) dropped deep. it gives great cover for your defence and wing backs can function just as well as wingers in a slower build up game.
its great fun, I promise!