EKOwillco5

Reaction score
I've signed a few young players for my man utd save and a players like vietto have PAs of around 154, due to them having -9 PA, and it being able to range from150 to 180. This seems stupidly low for a player as talented as he is, and it means he can only become as good as Ashley young! Is there any way to bump this up by playing him more etc, but not editing with the ig editor and sort of cheating, for example?

thanks in advance

No potential ability cannot be improved.

PAs cannot be improved, regens have a set pa when they are generated, some players at the start of the game begin with -9... -10 etc in the database, but when the save is being generated this is set to a fixed amount (e.g -10 = 170 - 200) so anything within that range. I think PA should be able to improve as you move up the leagues but mehh that's how SI did it. Look at Swansea for example, they got Angel Rangel and Williams in League 1 I believe, yet at the time there was no way in **** they could have been premier league quality, now Williams is arguably one of the top 10 performing central defenders in the Premier League (statistically) yet if Swansea's rise had occurred in FM then he would have been sold already because his PA can't improve.

I do think PA should increase during rare circumstances, but very rarely. Sadly it doesn't.

Last edited:
I agree, and I wish it did upgrade, especially for players who play really really well especially as SI can't predict the future (look how Michu's went up by 25 points in the January fm13 update). It should be limited though, to perhaps only ever going up by a maximum of 10 or 15 points over the course of a career.

I also think that players who have loads of talent, but never use it, should have high PA's, ie. Ravel Morrison. I believe he should still have a high PA (170-180's) to reflect his talent, even though he would never reach it in the game due to his terrible hidden attributes and age. Eric Harrison himself said he was more talented than the likes of Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs (who both had PA's of around 180). [Highlight here to see RM's PA-->154 ]

In some games, just to make them more fun, right at the beginning of a game, I'll bump up the -8's and -9's on my team to something near their max possible potential (so 150+ for -8's, and 170+ for -9's, but won't touch their hidden attributes. Then it's completely up to me to see if I can actually get these players anywhere near their PA's in-game, rather than have a glass ceiling dictated by the game.

Spoilers start here: I mean, for amazing prospects like [PA SPOILER] Memphis Depay or Marco Verratti, who both have -9 PA's, they could have repeatedly wonderful seasons, but barely grow and become world class because the game gave them a random PA of 150 something. But, if they instead started the game with a PA of 170 or 180 something, if they played terribly, they could ultimately still end up peaking at only 153 or something because of said **** performances, barely playing, and awful hidden stats etc., but at least they still have the chance to reach those extremely high PA's if they are developed right.

This is why I believe in flexible PA's, or at least higher PA's that are only attainable if players are developed properly.

Last edited:
Strangely last year my Phil jones did manage to outgrow his pa. I put this down to him captaining England to winning the World Cup. So was this just a bug?

Phil Jones is like Kompany for me in 2017. Though he gets sent of all the time.

I think he will captain England for the 2018 world cup too, I manage Italy and United. (I got offered the Italian job so if I actually win the world cup... big achievement already :D)

Strangely last year my Phil jones did manage to outgrow his pa. I put this down to him captaining England to winning the World Cup. So was this just a bug?

Not possible, so probably a bug. Otherwise, they way my Januzaj was going last year, he was the best winger to play for United, and around 30 shy of beating Sir Bobby's goalscoring record, all by the age of 24.. He would've definitely got a 250-260 potential to outgrow =P

Or are you referring to stars? If so, that's pretty normal, since it fluctuates.

If you're referring to PA and not stars, then yeah, i've noticed that it is possible, but only slightly. Like if a player has a CA and a PA of 160, his "recommended CA" can actually go up to 161 as the game has not yet balanced his attributes.

If you're referring to PA and not stars, then yeah, i've noticed that it is possible, but only slightly. Like if a player has a CA and a PA of 160, his "recommended CA" can actually go up to 161 as the game has not yet balanced his attributes.

So you mean players can outgrow his CA 'coz in the last edition same thing happened with Marco Reus in my save.

Yeah, that can happen, but that is only temporary and very minor, because the game has not yet adjusted their ability.

This *seemed* to be happening from time to time on my saves, especially for regens. I had this one case where both regens had a very-weak weaker foot (which is said to eat up a lot of ability points the more proficient they are with their weaker one). One had a PA of 150+ IIRC (his natural position was DC/DR/DM/MC) while the other one had 170 (DC). Both already peaked in CA. Somehow the one with the lesser PA had better attributes all around while the one with 170 had a similar distribution but generally just worse.

A year later the one with 150+ PA still gain attributes increase beyond his supposed maximum potential though nothing very dramatic, while the one with 170 PA stunted except for his Leadership.

And that's just one example. Could this be a bug?