Individual roles and instructions good or bad

donkarlito

Reaction score
Just got beta version loving it so far but i was wondering what people think of being able to give players there own role and instructions making it to change things so easy, but is it good thing for your overall tactics or not?

I like it a lot.
Feels like I have more control over the way they play now.

I give most players one or two instructions,but they get most of their instructions from their roles,so no point in over-complicating things.
I do,however,add quite a few team instructions.

Its very intrecate but I like it alot, it might be a bit hard to tailor to bigger squads with various players types coming in and out, but builfding a team to how 'YOU' want them to play over a season or two should be superb.

Its good i think for people who like to attack oppositions weakness by simple selecting the right players in theory you can have 3 formations but lots of variations simply by changing personal

I actually like the individual roles. It allows you to modify the player's duties according to their strengths and weaknesses(E.g CM with lower dribbling should dribble less often.)

I really like it and generally feel it is an advantage as it makes the game, explicitly tactic making, more accessible. It's actually much easier to implement your own ideas into the game now, and unlike previous games it feels easier to see how the style of football you have in your head which you want your players to adopt matches the options presented to you on screen. Of course, it's not simply a case of selecting any option and winning but I do feel like so long as you are realistic and logical in your expectations you can create efficient and working tactics. I just feel like with the sliders it was more a case of beating the GAME rather than beating the TEAM, almost as if you were trying loads of different cheat codes from a community database (which may or may not work, or only partially unlock the "door") until you finally cracked it. Now it's more like these are the set roles, these are the set instructions to adjust and fine-tune these roles to suit how you players to play within that role, now use these options in a way which best match the style of football you want to produce.

The only thing I am finding difficult is that because it's easier to make balanced tactics now, i don't know what formation I actually want to play with my team as the possibilities are endless providing you have the players. It's a good problem to have in my opinion, means the game works!