Indonesia – I don’t know where that is! Challenge

MWEST94

Reaction score
Starting in Indonesia you must manage a club in the Indonesian First Division and also try to manage the national team or Under-23 Olympic qualifying team. As it is quite difficult to manage the nation if you start off at a First Division club, I suggest when you add the manager choose Indonesia first then apply for a few First Division jobs, otherwise due to reputation you will not get the national job. However, it is up to you; if you would rather start at a First Division club then earn the reputation to manage the national side that’s up to you!

The challenge – club level
The challenge at club level is to take a team from the First Division all the way up to the Indonesian Super League, I suggest picking a team beginning with P as there are not that many clubs. You should then try and win the league and qualify for Asian Champions League. From here you should aim to win the Asian Champions League and qualify for the Club World Championship, aiming to win the Club World Championship.

The challenge – international level
The challenge at international level is to improve the ranking of the team and both, win continental competitions and qualify for the World Cup, and go on to possibly win the World Cup, then aim to win the Confederations cup. If this is not for you should aim to take the U-23 team to qualify for the Olympics and try to win that.

This challenge can be time consuming, so for you less hardcore football managers I suggest just aiming to get a First Division team into the Super League and getting the international team into the top 100 rankings and qualify for the World Cup. Good Luck with the challenge!

Definitely trying this :) good challenge!

Cheers mate I'm doing well with Indonesia beating Qatar and philippines but losing to Japan. But I'm first after 4 games with Jakarta. Notice how many teams begin with P!

Great challenge idea it's like an Indonesian version of the San Marino challenge. I'm managing Indonesia and Pro Titans. I'm currently 2nd in the league after 18 games but I'm not doing so well with Indonesia losing all my games and dropping in the rankings. I need some advice on formation and players for Indonesia?

Great challenge idea it's like an Indonesian version of the San Marino challenge. I'm managing Indonesia and Pro Titans. I'm currently 2nd in the league after 18 games but I'm not doing so well with Indonesia losing all my games and dropping in the rankings. I need some advice on formation and players for Indonesia?

I just go with a regular 4-4-2 formation. Also look at players from other nations playing in the Super League, some of these players are eligible to play for Indonesia. Look at Gespar and Mbamba they both become eligible after a season or two. Some Indonesian players you should look at: Bachdim (great poacher), Chaeruddin (Indonesia's Gerrard), Vermansyah (Emerging talent). Hope this helps!