Inflated prices?

• Thread starter Thread starter PJS192
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1K

PJS192

Reaction score
I'm currently in my first season as Arsenal boss on fm12 and I'm attempting to go the 'youth development' route. The problem is, whenever it comes to signing a young player prices seem incredibly inflated. Obviously I understand there's a certain kind of realism in this due to the current market, but for instance Southampton wouldn't sell Luke Shaw for less than £25mil, and Sochaux were looking for £35mil for Corchia. I understand negotiating is key, driving down the price through counter-offers, but I wonder if there's something I'm doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated!

Are you in the first season?

Edit, i didnt read, yes you are.

In the first season the prices are higher because in real life clubs have already done their buying and selling, the money you get doesnt really exist. It's the only part of the game which isnt a real life reflection. In january of season one teams are unlikely to want to sell either, becuase its mid season.

Afyter season 2 is the first time when you see more sensisble asking prices.

Last edited:
Ah okay, I'll try and wait till then before I start snapping up the youngsters. Thanks for the help!

I'd have to agree I don't even start looking at youth talent in other teams until the second season. In fact first season I try more loans and frees to fill gaps until I get more money.

Back