Injured Bent out of England game

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 582

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Sunderland striker Darren Bent will miss England's friendly against France on 17 November after a scan shows he has a grade one hamstring injury.

More...

England will feel not much without Bent, they still have Defoe, Rooney, Crouch and (Carroll?)

Defoe and Rooney won't play

Walcott will start up front with Crouch, Davies and Carroll on the bench, and MAYBE Bothroyd

Bent has got to be one of the unluckiest players when it comes to the internationals games. If he has not been ovelooked for the England squas he now gets injured when he is picked.

its a shame he is either injured when a England game comes up or gets injured on International duty. I don't think Capello should pick Rooney for the same reason he shouldn't pick Lampard they haven't played any minutes. I think the 4 he should pick at the moment are Crouch, Carroll, Davies and Walcott.

Bit of a crisis for England, considering Davies and Carroll are probably gonna be in the squad, but tbh I don't really like him playing for England as a Sunderland fan.

More importantly....

He's out for the Spurs game tonight ;)

Don't think he'll take 3 target men and Walcott as the 4 strikers tbh.

Reckon he'll take Rooney, Carroll, Crouch and Bothroyd. He'll stick with Walcott on the wing I reckon..

Sorry but since when did Bothroyd come into the picture?

Don't think he'll take 3 target men and Walcott as the 4 strikers tbh.

Reckon he'll take Rooney, Carroll, Crouch and Bothroyd. He'll stick with Walcott on the wing I reckon..
What about Davies? he done well against spurs when capello was watching

He said he was going for youth in this game, which is why I don't see him taking Davies.

Ravenie, Bothroyd came into the picture since he's scored 12 goals this season and is young and English and in great form.

But whether or not he can play well in the top league let alone for England?

That's why he's going to experiment in the friendly and not in a competitive match..

Back