Injuries and Officiating Question

• Thread starter Thread starter ArsenalGord
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 680

ArsenalGord

Reaction score
Playing Crewe Alex, through some fortuitous circumstances and brilliant managing (lol), I am now in the 2015-16 season and first year in the Prem. 7 games in, on 5 points, I have experienced a series (5 games in a row), where the officiating has been poor (according to the post game synopsis) and a series of controversial decisions have gone against me costing me points. My question: Is tis just a run of computer generated bad luck, or does it have anything to do with reputation, new to the league etc.?

Second question is about injuries...every season has been devastating for injuries. No matter what I try to do, it is inevitable that I am going to lose several key players for extended periods of time. I have tried reduced training schedules, reduced playing schedules (to maintain prime condition), I've recruited players with high strength and fitness rating, players in their prime (24-29) and yet they still drop like flies with long term injuries. This season, as noted above, I am 7 games in and I have already lost my best striker, best central defender and starting right back - the first two for 3-4 months. This tale is a repeat of previous seasons. What can I do to avoid these bad runs every year? The Injuries seem to stem from in game tackles and resultant broken bones, rather than strain or over extertion.

The officiating is probably down to club reputation and when at home lack of fans to intimidate the ref.

Would ripping into the officiating at a press conference help to change that? I have done that in my promotion season in the Championship to the extent of a 1 game ban, but my Board doesn't seem too pleased with that sort of behaviour.

Last edited:
Back