Injuries since patch...

• Thread starter Thread starter louiscfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2K

louiscfc

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a ridiculous, unrealistic amount of injuries since the new patch?

Before the patch I was having about 3-4 injuries per season with some knocks here and there but since the patch i'm literally getting 2-3 per match. Absolutely joke to be honest. Been happening for over a season now. Oh, and it's not my tactics... ;)

EDIT: Opening match of the season and I had to make 3 subs for 3 injuries. Peachy.
EDIT 2: Second match of the season - another injury.

Last edited:
I'm getting fewer than before the update.

Since the update i've done one save, with Southampton. Start of November the only injury i've had is Schneiderlin for 3 weeks from a friendly, it's better than ever for me.

I seem to be getting more injuries in games saved before the update but less for games started after the update. It's very frustrating losing your best players one after another.

Must be bad luck then... :( They're all my best players too.

Might not be your tactics, but more your training and/or management especially of players who aren't match fit.

my players get tired much quicker after the last patch.
and if you don't pay attention to this they get injured more

I've noticed a lot of my players getting 'gashed lower leg - out for 2-3 weeks' far more since the patch

I'm currently in a bout of months injuries after the patch. Though it's not been higher than normal since 15.0. Before FM15 I had one 2+ month per two seasons. Now I'm having at least two per season. I'm still as low demanding in training load as ever and not using hard tackle save for one player due to role, who's not had any injury trouble. Curiously enough, when I've used hard tackle I had no issues (then again, I used it to compensate for below 5 bravery).

Sure, currently I'm having it in my low level team; but before I also manged low level teams with poor facilities and I didn't have trouble, either. Maybe it's the odd season. Before the patch I also had a season that was very bad with injuries, then another fragment of time with low injuries as usual in previous games. Definitely many more knocks in matches, something I like as I've always though there were too few in comparison to the matches I watch.

Still, while it's annoying for sure; the amount of injuries for me isn't unrealistic, so I'm happy with it. The caveat is that, considering I've never had big injury trouble as I tend to avoid heavy loads, it makes me think for those who aren't careful now the injury amounts would possibly be exaggerated. If before when everyone complained and I was seeing with cautious training and tackling you could have a season virtually free of injuries, now I'm starting to fear if this time being as careful as ever gives me that many injuries, for the less cautious it would actually rise to ridiculous levels. Or they're more aggressive with their training/marking than I think. Then again, the other team also plays and may be using hard tackling, being that another factor for in match injuries.

While I'm not at the point of thinking "there is definitely a problem with injuries this time", I'm not as inclined to dismiss the possibility in this version. The other day I've had a match: player who got his condition dropped from 80% to 23% 6-8 days out, and the one who got his condition down from 85% to 73% 3-4 months had a suspicious sound to it. Then again, there comes modifiers that explain that satisfactorily for me: the first was fresh and match fit, while the other was tired due to fixture congestion.

Looking at injury tables from real football and my game, the amount of injuries is realistic.

Now what I'd like is bookings be raised to the levels of FM11. That game nailed the cards level. I had to actually care about them and think carefully whether to keep or sub players with bookings. Before and after that, bookings are barely worth the thought (at least in my saves), unless it's a player I know for having a clear tendency for reckless tackles.

Well, I guess this confirms the physios being bad means poor evaluation of injury duration. The injury of 2 month is ending after three weeks and the four months, after two weeks. Sounds a bit extreme for getting it wrong.

get good fitness coaches 4 star and above. my players fitness beeing good has meant much less injuries.

Back