Injuries

• Thread starter Thread starter uncleking
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2K

uncleking

Reaction score
Starting to slightly despair at the sheer number of injuries I am suffering in my first season as Liverpool. Having to start Champions League games with 4 or 5 U-21s players. INFURIATING!

Starting to slightly despair at the sheer number of threads about injuries I am suffering in my first season as Liverpool. Having to start Champions League games with 4 or 5 U-21s players. INFURIATING!

fixed.

Starting to slightly despair at the sheer number of injuries I am suffering in my first season as Liverpool. Having to start Champions League games with 4 or 5 U-21s players. INFURIATING!

You're clearly doing something wrong in training or over working the players. Are you rotating the squad? Sicne you're having 2 games every week, you need to not push the players too hard during training: Don't forget training includes PPMs, tutoring and learning positions.

Quote from someone on the SI forums (not an employee):

"SI have said nothing has changed with injuries this year, and while that might be true for the injury count itself, I do think on this year's version that injuries are more reactive to the decisions you make in training and on matchdays than they've ever been before, and this is why people are experiencing a higher than average number.

Basically, the game is now working as it should in regards to this, whereas in previous versions you could get away with much more squad negligence.

Another step from a game to a simulation then, and you can understand why some people will be uncomfortable with this. Me, I think it's a great move."

Quote from someone on the SI forums (not an employee):

"SI have said nothing has changed with injuries this year, and while that might be true for the injury count itself, I do think on this year's version that injuries are more reactive to the decisions you make in training and on matchdays than they've ever been before, and this is why people are experiencing a higher than average number.

Basically, the game is now working as it should in regards to this, whereas in previous versions you could get away with much more squad negligence.

Another step from a game to a simulation then, and you can understand why some people will be uncomfortable with this. Me, I think it's a great move."

So what are people doing differently then to avoid this? I started out pre-season focusing on fitness my guys are fully match fit now and I dont start a guy unless his condition is 95+ still getting high injury rates... And it isnt just me I find the CPU gets at least 1 a game too... strange...

View attachment 328309 Third season . Didn't have problem with injuries at all first 2 seasons. Nothing changed in training , rotation etc. I guess it's just baaaaaad luck

Also View attachment 328308 out for 2 months already and going to be our for atleast 6 more. Ruined his career at the club.

Could be bad luck. 7 is a little high, but still within what's considered "normal".

So what are people doing differently then to avoid this? I started out pre-season focusing on fitness my guys are fully match fit now and I dont start a guy unless his condition is 95+ still getting high injury rates... And it isnt just me I find the CPU gets at least 1 a game too... strange...
Gets 1, what, exactly? Overall, there should be 0-2 knocks/injuries a game.

Also, what is a high injury rate in your opinion? Are you constantly sitting with that many out?

Last edited:
Irl Man Utd this season hv yet to go into a match with less than 6 squad players injured and around the worl iim sure u hv comparable.
Dont train team higher than "high". And properly rest players after matches.

Gets 1, what, exactly? Overall, there should be 0-2 knocks/injuries a game.

Also, what is a high injury rate in your opinion? Are you constantly sitting with that many out?

Iv been messing about trying to manage the training and who plays a little better and its kind of working... I had a point where I lost 5 or so players to injuries of 4+ weeks... Now it seems okay got one or two injured for a week to 10 days but its changed dramatically... Stilling seeing lots of injuries with other sides tho...

I dont think I did anything special I have two fitness coaches now and make some subs a little earlier... Training isnt really much different I dont think...

Iv been messing about trying to manage the training and who plays a little better and its kind of working... I had a point where I lost 5 or so players to injuries of 4+ weeks... Now it seems okay got one or two injured for a week to 10 days but its changed dramatically... Stilling seeing lots of injuries with other sides tho...

I dont think I did anything special I have two fitness coaches now and make some subs a little earlier... Training isnt really much different I dont think...
How many is "lots"? Everyone is moaning about "many" injuries, but an actual number would be nice.

Imagine being LVG in real life... he could fill a pretty decent injured XI (or actually just 10 players):
De Gea; Rafael, Evans, Jones, Rojo; Carrick, Blind; Lingard, Young, Falcao.
So you could be a lot worse...

Back