Injuries

• Thread starter Thread starter stuinbucks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 722

stuinbucks

Reaction score
Helllllp

I dont think it's anything I'm doing but in fact it's that of the other teams.

On alot of my games I get players picking up knocks after challenges from the other sides players!!

Do you take them off as soon as you see a slight injury indicator or leave them on? It's just I seem to get
them in most games and its really annoying because I cant control what the other team does :-(

As with most of your questions, it depends.

If they pick up a knock and it's not serious (I use the performance widget and condition as indicator) I would leave them on depending on the match situation, number of subs still available and who is on the bench. If it seems to be serious, I take him off usually, unless it's a crucial match and an important player.

Can you elaborate on that performance widget & condition........

What do you mean by performance widget?
How low condition?

Can you elaborate on that performance widget & condition........

What do you mean by performance widget?
How low condition?
I mean the widget called "{your team name} performance". You can have this open during a match.

80% condition would mean a slight knock. Below 60% would mean it's a relatively significant knock.

Edit: In every thread you seem to want "If X then Y" answers and these are difficult to give. Most of it is done on experience and our/your own judgement by assessing the factors and context around it. I say 60%, but 63% could be enough to take him off. I've subbed players with knocks at 80%. It's all judgement and context.

Edit 2: What I forgot to add was, the reason I mention this is, don't be afraid to make your own decisions and learn that way. If you make a mistake, you'll learn from that much better and it's not likely something you'll forget then.

Last edited:
Thanks

I will try not to ask anymore questions, I do admit I've asked alot.

Thanks

I will try not to ask anymore questions, I do admit I've asked alot.
No, if you don't understand something, please ask.

I'm just trying to say that decision making in a sim like this isn't always clear cut. It's difficult to give "if X then Y" answers when so much depends on the context around the situation. It's a sim, so try and think of it as real life. Handle the players like people. When there's a complaint, look at the situation. Look at the player's personality. See if he has a valid point.

Same with the injuries. If I'm managing Barcelona and we're in the CL final, I'd try to keep Messi on at all costs. He'd have to be stretchered of for me to sub him. If it's the early rounds of a mickey mouse cup, he either wouldn't be playing or I'd sub him immediately to avoid the risk of him aggravating the injury which could keep him out for future, more important games. Context changes the decision making. I normally don't even start players below 92-ish%. I've started players on 82% in massive games, though.

Back