Inter Milan Team Guide/Discussion

Reaction score
Internazionale

View attachment 321670

Inter have faced a turbulent past few years, after their treble winning side of 2010, they have slipped far behind their rivals Juventus, Roma & Napoli, and in 2013/14 finished in a Europa League place. As well as their poor recent history, Inter are also in a huge amount of debt and their Club value has plummeted, way below that of their fierce rivals AC. If you feel brave enough to take on the fallen giant which is Inter and rebuild its financial structure, as well as improve its performance on the pitch and bring back an identity, look no further!

Expectations
You take control of Inter in the wake of Mazzarris sacking, and at a minimum the board expect you to qualify for the Europa League. They are not fussed about the Italian Cup, and only demand you to reach the first knockout stage of the Europa League. Realistically however, you should be aiming higher that Europa League qualification and set your sights on Champions League qualification. More importantly, If you want to keep your best players, they will not settle for anything less than champions league.

Pre-Season
I recommend alternating weekly between Tactics (Very High) and Fitness (Average/High). If you plan to play a slightly more unconventional formation like myself, i placed more emphasis on Tactics. Balanced (Average) should do you fine for throughout the season.

Staff Set-Up
Inter's staff budgeting is awful, they currently have 7 more scouts than they can afford, and one more general staff than they can afford to keep. I would start by cutting off the 7 most average scouts you see fit, besides that Inter's scouting set up is good. I would recommend sacking Frustalupi and promoting Baresi as you Assistant Manager, and sacking your Chief Scout and promoting Pierluigi Casiraghi as his replacement. Sergio Zanetti can also be hired on 1.3K per week and is a great attacking coach. I'd recommend taking a look at a club like Arsenal and their staff setup, and you can model your set-up on theirs. Staff Responsibilities can be personally set, I prefer to have my chief scout to set the assignment and myself to finalise young player signings.

Goalkeepers
In the Goalkeeper position you have Samir Handanovic, Juan Pablo Carrizzo and Tomasso Berni. Handanovic should be number your Number 1, and is one of your best players on the side, do not let him leave as he will be vital if you intend on challenging for the title in the near future. Carrizzo is a good back up, however his contract expires in 2015. Berni is deadwood and you should try to move him on if possible.

Defence
The way Mazzarri managed with a 3-5-2 means you have a lot of centre backs. Your best are Vidic, Ranocchia & Juan Jesus. In terms of wingbacks your best options are Nagatomo & Dodo, with D'ambrosio and Jonathan offering good quality back up. I would recommend moving Marco Andreolli on, he is not goo enough for Inter and you can fetch around 2m and free up 25K in wages. This will also help your finances as if any defenders do not have a place in your team I'd advise moving them on and trusting in your brilliant youth academy.

Midfielders.
In midfild your best players are Kovacic, Hernanes & Guarin. If you plan to play a midfield trio these should be your go-to players. In reserve you have Kuzmanovic (Decent back up if you want a solid CM to seal up a game), Krhin (A fairly average Ball Winning midfielder, try to move him on), Obi (Once again a useful squad player but not worth his 25k per week wages), M'Vila (A good Ball Winner and like Kuzmanovic can be used to tighten up a lead as will not offer much offensively) & Medel (If you plan to play with a ball winner, look no further; he might be aggressive but tracks like a hound in the middle of the field).

Strikers
Upfront you have brilliant options, with Icardi, Palacio & Osvaldo all capable of winning games with their brilliant finishing. I would also promote Bonazzoli to add depth if you do not want to sign an extra striker.

Formation
I have had great success playing a 5-3-2.

View attachment 321664

Handanovic - GK - D

Right - Ranocchia - CB - D
Centre - Vidic - CB - D
Left - Juan Jesus -CB - D

Nagatomo - RWB - Au - Run Wide, Hit Early Crosses, Get Further Forward
Dodo - LWB - Au - Run Wide, Hit Early Crosses, Get Further Forward

Right - Guarin - B2B -S
Middle - Hernanes - DLP - D
Left - Kovacic - AP -A - Get Further Forward, Roam From Position

Right - Palacio - DLF - S
Left - Icardi - AF - A

Control - Fluid
Instructions
- Retain Possession
- Shorther Passing
- Pass Into Space
- Run at Defence
- Play Out Of Defence
- Whipped Crosses
- Run At Defence
- Push Higher Up
- Close Down More
- Lower Tempo
- Offside Trap
- Prevent Gk Short Distribution

If anyone would like to know anymore on what I would recommend for Inter, do not hesitate to ask! Thanks!

P.S I also have a defensive away tactic which i use to finish games late on when 1-0, 2-1, 2-0 up, it has aided me in keeping many clean sheets. If you would like to know it just let me know!(H)

Youth Academy
Also take a look into Inter U20's and U18's, some real gems you can nurture and give first team football to in the coming years. Bonnazzoli, Taufer, Puscas, Cristig, Popa, Radu, M'Baye , Donkor & Duncan to name a few!

Last edited:
Hi, Can you please talk about the defensive approach tactic? I am just taking up Inter as my new club to mange. :)

Raj

Was thinking about going Inter as i used to follow them really closely when younger, during the years of Recoba, Zanetti, Figo, Adriano, Solari and Ibrahimovic.
Got me very interested

Back