International Frustration

• Thread starter Thread starter Montanaro
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2K

Montanaro

Reaction score
I'm the Nigerian under 19's manager, and I'm undefeated. I've also got my italian team on the brink of getting into Serie B. Yet I can't for the life of me, get any other U19 or U21 job in the world....I'm wondering if it would be easier to get an international job if I resigned from Nigera (can't even field full team without generated garbage players).

I've managed to get fleetwood into the championship, my reputation is world class, but i can't even get a under 19's manager job in any country!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do you apply for an U19 or U21 manager position? I have seen these vacant positions before but couldn't figure out how to apply for them.

Some of those vacant spots you saw may have been from countries that arn't loaded, hence you can't apply.

If you see a job is open, click on that country, go to that specific U21/19 tab and click apply to job at the top right.

I got the England U21 job.
Stuart Pearce was hired by the main England team, so i went on England, then the U21 tab and then clicked apply for job and i got it.

I believe it helps if you are the nationality of the country you want to manage

I tried applying for the head national job of some good european nation, but instead of picking me, they picked a junk regen. I felt dejected.

Keep trying. What 'Past Experience' do you have set. This could affect the decision that the national board make. :S

Well I've taken my squad from Serie C2 to Serie B (hopefully), and am far more successful than not. I'm nationally known in Italy and my Nigeria U19 are undefeated under me. I figured someone like Ivory Coast U21 or Ghana U21 would take a chance on me.

Its down to pot luck unless you are of the same nationality as the nation. for eg i have been offered uruaguy and nigeria jobs even though my nationality is english and like an earlier post got the u21 england job when pearce was promoted

Back