International management - Scotland, the impossible job

• Thread starter Thread starter Calmcelt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4K

Calmcelt

Reaction score
After the recent termination of George Burley's spell as Scotland manager I thought I would have a go and see if I could do any better. I palyed the Norway-Scotland game 6 times with different tactics and different players and lost ALL 6. I am an experienced player and, while none of the defeats were as bad as the 4-0 defeat from real life, the scores were 3-0 (twice), 2-0 (twice), 3-1 and 2-1. I wonder if it has been set up to mirror reality or are Scotland really that worse than Norway! :O Maybe I am not cut out for international management. Has anyone else given this a go. I would like to hear how others get on.

Always had D Fletcher, McFadden, Hutton, G Caldwell and Brown. Usually Boyd. Tactics varied but usually defensive with DM. Worst results came with attacking strategy.

2ic0dhy.jpg

No problems for me! :D

Good start their mate, well done.

I've had an encouraging start to my reign as Scotland manager.

Through injuries to players I have handed debuts to the likes of Craig Conway, Steven Whittaker etc

My first game was against Norway. McFadden had scored early on to put Scotland ahead but Norway equalised in injury time. This was followed by a disappointing draw to a spirited Macedonia side.

Injuries to Darren Fletcher and Scott Brown ruled both out of the final game against Holland. As a result I had to change things, which resulted in a tactical masterstroke.

Steven Fletcher scored a double inside the first 15 minutes to send scotland to a fantastic victory :)

Can't wait for the next campaign to get underway!

Back