Introducing a 16 year old to the first team

• Thread starter Thread starter surnukuur
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

surnukuur

Reaction score
So I'm playing with Athletic Bilbao, I'm in my 2nd seasond.Well the problem is my main AMC got injured for 6 months, and I accidentally loaned my backup out in the off-season.I got a good AMC in the last season from the youth intake, 4.5 star potential.He isn't a world-beater yet, but will it do him any bad if I already introduce him to the first team?

Sorry for taking this long to get my point through, and also sorry if this is in the wrong place, couldn't find any better place.

cheers,
surnukuur

Not sure, it depends on what his star rating is now i guess. I think that it depends on what match ratings he gets and what level of experience but tbh i would look to somebody else to clarify....sorry i'm nto much help

If he plays solidly then it will do him some good, but he will get tired much quicker than your older players so may perform worse toward the end of games or in periods of fixture congestion

I don't think it will do any harm, but beware - if he is feeling down, give him a pat on the back and encourage not criticise him! I would start off by playing him in Cup ties and 'small games' and then slowly introduce him into the team (unless you actually have no other AMCs available). If he has 4.5 potential, though, be careful with him as a wrong move could ruin his potential...

I was in the same situation but with a striker and i put in a 15 year old and on his second match he scored a hat trick and stayed in the top 11 for the rest of the season keeping gomez out of the team!! His name is bachenleitner and hes amazing!!

Back