Introducing myself

Du Malone

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to Football Manager. I started with FM2014.

I manage mostly in the lower English leagues (e.g., Plymouth, Crewe, Stevenage) and the Greek leagues (e.g. Aris, Episkopi, Kissamikos), mostly Division B.

I've made the occasional foray elsewhere (e.g., Volendam in Holland and FC Minsk in Belarus) but without much enthusiasm.

My longest save (over a quarter of a century) was with Plymouth Argyle. My favourite saves have been Plymouth, Aris, and Episkopi.

My favourite formation is 5-3-2 using a libero. I've also enjoyed experimenting with a formation using wide target man and a WM formation.

I have a number of favourite players on FM. All-time favourite is Darren Lavery from Berwick Rangers. Others include Lawrence Vigouroux, Praxitelis Vouros, C. Pizzarro, Yves Desmarets, and Nadim Abdou.

I typically manage well within the budget and place great emphasis on getting a good backroom staff together. Backroom favourites have included Dario Gradi, Mark Chamberain, Ed Asafu-Adjaye, and Pablo Asensio.

When it comes to real football, I support Notts County and Cambridge City. I watch football mostly in east/mid anglia, at Stevenage, Peterborough, Cambridge, and Ipswich and in Nottingham, both at County and at Forest (who my son supports). Heroes include Ron Harris and Dario Gradi.