Trophy_Whorder

Trophy_Hoarder
Reaction score
Invincble 424 formation

Well come to my 424 formation i used for porto i found this formation very attacking lots of goals and conceding very little this is my last formation for fm 11 and i will be making one for fm12 leaving the introduction nice and short .
Lay out of the formation
View attachment 197553

Match Preparation
I dont use them but if you feel the need to they do so is upto you.

Touchline Shouts *Get stuck in when losing

Opposition Instructions dont use them and if you do then by all means do so

Team Instructions
View attachment 197559
Players For The Tactic

Defence
The defence needs to be very good in the air can anticipate and are fast. Often with this tactic the opposition will try to cut out your relatively undermanned defence and pop balls over the top to fast forwards so you need to be able to cut these out. It helps if your fullbacks as well as your centre backs are good in the air and you ensure they are not too keen to make runs forward. An ability to move decisivly and head away balls that are lofted into the area behind your midfield without getting caught out is paramount, as is accurate distribution of headers to your own players in midfield and attack.

The porto defence seems to be good at this apart from that I'm not sure, some players who you'd think would be good at this seem to crumble under pressure.

Midfield

These players need to be hardworking at have good stamina (box to box!). Not only do they need to pressure the opposition in order to prevent them from lifting their heads to pass, they also need to win all the loose balls that your defence and attack fail to deal with, as well as covering in front of the whole of the back line, flank to flank. Also nice to have is a good passing ability to accurately get the ball to those unmarked wingers when you win it. You will find that a lot of balls will fall to these players just out side the box so long shots will help cause they take em whether you like it or not.

Attack
Wingers need to be fast and have good ability on and off the ball. As mentioned before those who have good heading ability are especially useful as they often come up against fullbacks that are not very strong in the air.

Forwards
Same attributes as wingers allied to good finishing. An ability to hold up the ball and head it on is necessary in at least one and a classic little and large partnership is often the best policy.

league table
View attachment 197565

europa league final
View attachment 197557

super cup
View attachment 197558

Download link View attachment 197566

Please leave me good and bad feedback i dont expect many of you to try this as fm 12 is just around the corner but as i said at the start i will be making one for fm12 best of luck with the formation any more info you would like to know jsut ask.​

Last edited: