Iphone 4 Help and Tips

• Thread starter Thread starter Kris
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 2K

Kris

Reaction score
Hello,

So today I went all out and aquired me an I Phone 4 (Jealous Sean and Becky?)

anyway, this is my first iphone or indeed smart phone and want to know what aps are handy to have and is there any tips current iphone users have?

yeah. dont jailbreak it. just not worth the hassle

sky sports score centre
facebook
^^^^^^^^^^^^
apps to have

Hello,

anyway, this is my first iphone or indeed smart phone and want to know what aps are handy to have and is there any tips current iphone users have?

Haha i'm not jealous at all! :D I'm not sure i want another iphone, but are you liking it?

I say get Whatsapp and then i can text you for freeee...that's if i run out of texts one month and for some reason i needed you! lol.

but urm..what have you got so far? :)

i would seriously suggest getting rid of it.

i was due an update other week and upgraded to iphone 4 but for the life of me i could not get in to it so i went back to the iphone 3g, a lot easier to use and better all round IMO

Hello,

Get Angry Birds (hours of fun), Paper Toss, Amazon, IMDB, Sky News, Associated Press, Sky+, all useful in some way. Handy tip...dont listen to people who put it down ;).

I upgraded from the 3G to the 4 on launch day and it is so much better. Mine doesnt drop calls, lose signal, have yellow blobs or any of these so called epidemic faults. Exceptional phone.

yeah. dont jailbreak it. just not worth the hassle
Haha then you are stupid. You can't destroy the iPhone by jailbreaking, it will always be possible to restore it. You can get a lot of cool apps, like MyWi (Makes the iPhone into a router.) BiteSMS and a lot of many more cool apps. I would first recommend to jailbreak your iPhone, when you are a bit more experienced. I'm not sure if i'm gonna buy the iPhone 4, because i just bought an iPad 64GB 3G version and a MacBook Pro 15" 2.66 GHz.

My recommendations of apps:
Facebook, Wikipedia, Google (If you use Google apps.) iBooks, Angry Birds, DoodleJump, Bouncedown and Skype. I would recommend checking www.gizmodo.com, as they have a "Apps of the week" article every week obviously. :p

Jailbreak it and get winterboard (so you can customise it) and then get iBlacklist (so you can block annoying people from calling/texting you).

Then get snes4iphone and play every single snes game with a wiimote.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDia0c4UHf8"]YouTube- snes4iPhone For iPhone & iPod Touch[/ame]

Stop being a sheep, ditch it and try recover some of the mountain of cash you splashed out on it and get yourself an Android device pal. x

Haha then you are stupid. You can't destroy the iPhone by jailbreaking, it will always be possible to restore it. You can get a lot of cool apps, like MyWi (Makes the iPhone into a router.) BiteSMS and a lot of many more cool apps. I would first recommend to jailbreak your iPhone, when you are a bit more experienced. I'm not sure if i'm gonna buy the iPhone 4, because i just bought an iPad 64GB 3G version and a MacBook Pro 15" 2.66 GHz.

My recommendations of apps:
Facebook, Wikipedia, Google (If you use Google apps.) iBooks, Angry Birds, DoodleJump, Bouncedown and Skype. I would recommend checking www.gizmodo.com, as they have a "Apps of the week" article every week obviously. :p
not sure how that makes me stupid. if you know something i dont, fair enough, no need to act like a tool

One thing is to experiment with you handling to try and get the best signal possible. Because the signal antenna's are along the sides. Adjust your hand to try and see what position gives you most bars.

Beware Kris.. if you jailbreak it, you lose warranty. So if it breaks, make sure you restore it to factory settings before you take it to get repaired.

Download;

Tapatalk (access to FM-Base and other forums via iPhone)
Whatsapp (talk to people with this app on iPhone and Blackberry for free)
Sickipedia (fun jokes :))
Bump (Transfer stuff from iPhone to iPhone)
Facebook (Depending on how addicted to it you are)

If you do decide to jailbreak it, I'd suggest doing it via;
www.jailbreakme.com (on iPhone's safari) and then downloading 'installous' as that is how you can get all paid apps for free :)

Any further help, just PM me :)

Won't be jail breaking it, not that into my phone to want to mess it up.

Cheers everyone for the help :)

I love the phone, the only annoying thing is using itunes to add my music, it won't let me add specific songs, only artists which doesn't help considering i have 35gb of music.

You could make some playlists Kris and just sync them :)

Won't be jail breaking it, not that into my phone to want to mess it up.

Cheers everyone for the help :)

I love the phone, the only annoying thing is using itunes to add my music, it won't let me add specific songs, only artists which doesn't help considering i have 35gb of music.

I thought that mate about my touch but once i did it it was MUCH better :)

Sold out and I'm waiting for one of these to arrive today. :)

Bump.

Didn't wanna make a new thread so thought I'd get my question in here.

Anyone got any more experience with jailbreaking Iphones? I'm not sure whether to jailbreak mine, just to see what it's like really.

Any help would be grateful.

Bump.

Didn't wanna make a new thread so thought I'd get my question in here.

Anyone got any more experience with jailbreaking Iphones? I'm not sure whether to jailbreak mine, just to see what it's like really.

Any help would be grateful.

Only do it if absolutely necessary problems can occur frequently.

i am currently waiting for the latest version of iphone software to be unlockable so i can use the iphone 3gs i acquired.
But i am only doing it because it is locked to O2 and i am orange... and over a year away from being able to cancel my contract...

Unless you really know what your doing with it, i wouldn't try it IMO.

Only do it if absolutely necessary problems can occur frequently.

i am currently waiting for the latest version of iphone software to be unlockable so i can use the iphone 3gs i acquired.
But i am only doing it because it is locked to O2 and i am orange... and over a year away from being able to cancel my contract...

Unless you really know what your doing with it, i wouldn't try it IMO.

Are you on iOS 4.2.1? You can jailbreak that now but it's a pain, I've been looking into it today.

Are you on iOS 4.2.1? You can jailbreak that now but it's a pain, I've been looking into it today.

Im not on anything at present, i got the phone off a friend who master reset the thing before giving it to me, so when you plug it into the comp to set it up you have to download the latest software before you can use it, so i will be once i can unlock it :$

and ye i have seen ways you can do it yourself, however i have tried that before and nearly messed it up so i go somewhere to do it. "planet mobile" however they said that the unlock that is available at the moment isn't trusted and massively affects the signal you receive and have had endless complaints so wont use that unlock anymore.

i have been waiting since mid november...

i currently use a sony ericsson w205 because i have no other option :'( 6 quid to recycle! XD

Back