• Thread starter Thread starter Alex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 3K

Alex

Andre Villas Boas <3
Reaction score
Well folks, it is nearly here. The new iPhone :D

Courtesy of http://www.freakygossip.com/2010/06/apple-iphone-4g-prices-announced-latest-features-apps/

''The new iPhone 4G will be available for shipping a week to only five countries from July 2010, and it will also be available in more countries around 88 countries at the end of September 2010 and expected almost all countries around the world within this year.

The smartphone iPhone 4 is planned to launch in the markets of the US, France, Germany, UK and Japan on June 24. And the pre-order is expected to start on June 15.

Apple new iPhone will go on sale from June 24 with pricing, 16GB at $199 and 32GB at $299 and only in black and white color. However, this price announced for particular countries like US, UK, and yet not price decided for left countries.

The pricing of the handset has not been announced by the Apple in Singapore though it’s priced at US $199 for the 16GB version, that’s regarding S$282.

Apple’s new Smartphone has about 100 newest features which are not present in the presented model like iPhone 3GS, and in new iPhone includes a resolution screen, bigger battery, HD video camera and gyroscope for better rotation. This iPhone is the slimmest Smart-phone in the world, approx 9.3 millimeters.''

I for one think it is pretty amazing and looks good as well

Obviously this price is for the USA and also on contract, the price doing the rumour mill for the iPhone 4G on Pay As You Go is believed to be about £450, I think it is very sleek, stylish and does a lot as well but for this price? I personally am not sure although I am due an upgrade in a couple of months so will probably get it thenand sell my current iPhone 3G to cover some of the cost.

What are peoples thoughts? Are you guys thinking of getting one?

(H)

Last edited:
M view another money making scheme for apple Would rather havea normal £20 phone in this economic situation. Actually rather not even have a phone and save that £20.

Another iphone for people to spend upwards of £1k for a 24 month contract - only for the Iphone 4GS, or 5 or AIR to get released within 8-12.

Pass.

Does look nice (as is the norm with Apple), and some of the things it can do are nice, some apps are decent but, still, not worth it. My friend pays £55 a month for his. He's changing as soon as he is able to (in about 13 months) to an Android device after I have shown him the error of his ways.

Android will take over the world.

Last edited:
I may get one actually, although the price tag puts me off. I need a new phone, and my iPod is nearly dead, so why pay for both seperatly, when I can have both in one device.....Nice to see some different colours as well.

looks more like one of them touch screen remote controls than an iphone. but still nice wish it was miles cheaper. Any one know the manufacturing cost of this not the sale price? It cant be that much can it?

Iphone 4g is going to be the next best thing!

its a must buy if you're looking for a smartphone/buisness.

its new look looks quite good and now with it's HD 5MP camara just makes it more fantastic with all the apps and music u already get makes it way better then the IPAD which was a kind of flop really.!

looks more like one of them touch screen remote controls than an iphone. but still nice wish it was miles cheaper. Any one know the manufacturing cost of this not the sale price? It cant be that much can it?

It's apple, they charge retarded amounts of money just so people can say 'I have an iPhone' people with iPhones are either guys with tiny dicks or fat &/or ugly girls :D

Now iPods on the other hand, they are Godlike XD

Iphone 4g is going to be the next best thing!

its a must buy if you're looking for a smartphone/buisness.

its new look looks quite good and now with it's HD 5MP camara just makes it more fantastic with all the apps and music u already get makes it way better then the IPAD which was a kind of flop really.!

Did the iPad not break records in regards to sales or something? 2 million in the first month and the UK delay was launched because the stock for us had to go to the US to meet demand?

Apple products will always sell well - they look nice. Are they worth it? depends how much you want to pay to look nice.

Wait for the other platforms to bring out their new phones (which will likely have the full range of Apple features +more) at a fraction of the cost.

EDIT

Realise I sound like the ultimate iPhone/Apple hater. I'm not, I have used and owned Apple products, and they are nice. Just not a believer that the benefits of having an iPhone is equal to the cost.

Last edited:
Did the iPad not break records in regards to sales or something? 2 million in the first month and the UK delay was launched because the stock for us had to go to the US to meet demand?

Apple products will always sell well - they look nice. Are they worth it? depends how much you want to pay to look nice.

Wait for the other platforms to bring out their new phones (which will likely have the full range of Apple features +more) at a fraction of the cost.

Thats why part of me wishes to be one of those business guys on the cash roll! but thats at least 10 years away if i get to where i want to be. I really want an IPad anyone played FM on it yet? will it work?

Thats why part of me wishes to be one of those business guys on the cash roll! but thats at least 10 years away if i get to where i want to be. I really want an IPad anyone played FM on it yet? will it work?

Don't know the exact specs of an iPad...but doubt the processor is enough to handle the full version of FM (though that would be incredible).

However, I guess it can run the FM for iphone app? Don't quote me - not an iphone user and don't know if all iphone apps are available for Ipad?

It's too square, I prefer the older ones with sexy curves instead of the square ones.

Pointless amount of money for something that just looks nice. And thats about everything an iPhone does.
My experiences from my iPod Touch and a couple of different iPhones(not mine luckily). It sucks as a phone which should be its main function. The audio sound is miserable, unbearable with the iPhones original headphones. And it isn't an alternative for a laptop/notebook/netbook.

And then there is of course Apple's excellent prices. I got a Lenovo laptop, a Nokia E51 phone plus my phone and internet bills paid for over a year for the same amount of money that would have gone into buying an Iphone 3G plus the 24 month contract.

But at least I now pretty much know what my next phone has to be like: Android, GPS with internal maps, 3+megapixel camera, good audio quality, a strong and weatherproof design and not a Nokia.

EDIT: the 4G looks horrible actually

Last edited:
Either Apple's prices are ridiculous or I'm too poor :$

SonyEricsson FTW!

I hope the new iPod Touch looks something like this with most of the features included, if so I will be upgrading my 2nd Gen as by this time next year I don't think they will bringing out new firmware for it, as they have done with the 1st Gen and 4.0 firmware

This looks totally naff. I though Apple were known for stylish design like the older iPhones, iPad etc. To be honest like most Apple products it is ridiculously over priced.Will stick with my 160GB iPod and a **** phone.

Ipad mini.

Glad the sheep are sticking with the shepherd on this one. Most of the sheep have no idea these features (and previous iphones features) have all been available on other phones.

I watched the preview video for it, they went on about video calls as if it was this 'amazing new thing'

I would like an Iphone eventually but don't want to pay over the odds

Back