Ipswich Help FM 2010

• Thread starter Thread starter mark1080p
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3K

mark1080p

Reaction score
Hi long time fan, first time poster!

I have played FM2010 3 times now this year, in where I end up in frustration/sacked by end of 2nd season.
Season 1 = Got promoted in all 3 attempts (champs 2 runner up 1)
Season 2 = Struggle to finish above relegation zone

I love reading other sucessful managers, taking more lowly named teams into the Champions League final.:D

I know there is 1000s of best player threads but majority of them: Dont want to play for Ipswich, High Salary, Cant get working permit. So I am calling any other ipswich fans to help me out (or any other championship side) to advise me who is the best players to win promotion and steak a foothold in the premiership - say finish mid-table and go from there.

Here is my team(s) on my 3rd attempt - to see what you think?! The players I signed are in blue

2009/2010
GKs
R.Wright; I Walker; A Smithies
DFs
S.Campbell; Lauren; G McAuley; L Rosenior: A Bruce; P Balkestien; D Delaney
MFs
E Davids; M Varetti; G Kakuta; F Ljundberg; L Martin; A V Meyde; C Edwards; O Garvan
FWs
P Counago; C Wickham; T Priskin; C Vieri

2010/2011
GKs
I Walker; A Smithies
DFs
S.Campbell; Lauren; A Bruce; D Delaney; S Krystov; M Silvestre P Chimbonda
MFs
M Varetti; G Kakuta; F Ljundberg; A V Meyde; C Edwards; O Garvan; Geremi; L Featherstone
FWs
P Counago; C Wickham; T Priskin; C Vieri; Ishmael Miller;

Any advice would greatly be appreciated

Thanks for reading

Try and loan a few players there are always some out of favour players in mid league clubs and i always loan Carlos Vela he loves to bang in the goals.

look for some older players at the end of there carrer's to try and keep you up for the initial season you are up then ask the board for time to rebuild your squard you should have enough cash to buy a few youngsters or you should have been able to train up a few youngsters in the 2 seasons you've had.

Look at Free's like you already have.
Rivaldo.
Look at legends. Simple, Look for players who are 32+ and you automatically think of. E.g Rivaldo, Juninho Pernambuchano (Spell), Denilson, Pires, Riquelme, Veron, Dida,Hyppia, Cannavaro,Inzaghi, Jerzy Dudek, Makelele, Ortega,Recoba, Kovac, Kily Gonzarlez, Wiltord. I understand WAGES are a problem, but no harm in trying.

Aghhh Pablo!

Also i tend to have the same problem with Ipswich, staying up is very difficult i find lol.

But personally I would have kept hold of Balkestein for a while as he does turn into a pretty strong Defender, also how is Wickham doing on your save?

Aghhh Pablo!

Also i tend to have the same problem with Ipswich, staying up is very difficult i find lol.

But personally I would have kept hold of Balkestein for a while as he does turn into a pretty strong Defender, also how is Wickham doing on your save?
To answer your question in short: Wickham has been poor for me personally, How's he doing for you??

Based on my 3rd/Latest attempt:

Season 1
Pablo Conuago was injured at the start of season 1 not getting his first game till Oct/Nov. However finished on 25 goals, being top scorer of the team.
Tamas Priskin & Christian Vieri finished joint 2nd on 13 each.
Connor Wickham only scored once:S

Season 2 (3 Prem League games + 1 League cup game)
Christian Vieri 1
Ishmael Miller 2
Freddie Ljundberg 1
Andy Van der Meyde 1
Wickham 0

Not a good season im afraid: - So far:
Lost 3-1 Vs Spurs (away)
Lost 3-0 Vs Sunderland (Away)
Won 3-1 Vs Lincoln (Home - League Cup)
Draw 1-1 Vs Man City (Home)

To answer your question in short: Wickham has been poor for me personally, How's he doing for you??

Based on my 3rd/Latest attempt:

Season 1
Pablo Conuago was injured at the start of season 1 not getting his first game till Oct/Nov. However finished on 25 goals, being top scorer of the team.
Tamas Priskin & Christian Vieri finished joint 2nd on 13 each.
Connor Wickham only scored once:S

Season 2 (3 Prem League games + 1 League cup game)
Christian Vieri 1
Ishmael Miller 2
Freddie Ljundberg 1
Andy Van der Meyde 1
Wickham 0

Not a good season im afraid: - So far:
Lost 3-1 Vs Spurs (away)
Lost 3-0 Vs Sunderland (Away)
Won 3-1 Vs Lincoln (Home - League Cup)
Draw 1-1 Vs Man City (Home)

Wickham was needed a few times while i had an injury crisis in my attacking part of the team and even got a few goals, so not too badly.
I sold Jon Walters and signed Dani Bautista, Sergio Matabuena and Jason Roberts. Still looking for others to sell while i'm still in january, most likely Counago and Edwards.
I am currently 4th in the Championship after 28 games, 14 points behind league leaders Newcastle. (1st season)

Aswele Slory and Koki Mizuno are brilliant buys for Ipswich IMO.

I always signed Thomas Kristensen and William Kvist in my first season for Town. THey are good midfielders that can be retrained as defenders. They can make the transition to a good mid-table prem side but any higher and they begin to fall out of favour. Are there any other positions you are looking at strengthening?

Probably a bit lat6e, but at the end of the first season, you should always sign Obinna (He's amazing =O ), and a good defender, like Santacroce (Spelling?). Then in later seasons, you should spend most fo your money on leading young players for the future. Hope this helps!
In my brother's games, he's in 2017-2018, and he's won the quadruple 3 times in a row.

Back