Harris4Ips

Reaction score

- Monday 29th June 2015 -

MICK MCCARTHY FACES UNCERTAIN FUTURE AFTER BUST-UP WITH INVISIBLE CHAIRMAN

View attachment 216348

Reports coming from Ipswich Town's training ground this morning are that Mick McCarthy could be on his way out of Portman Road after a bust up with Chairman, Marcus Evans.

It is thought the row is over the upcoming seasons transfer budget. Mick McCarthy has always been known as a shrewd businessman in the transfer window who enjoys wheeling & dealing. Since McCarthy took over at Portman Road on 1st November 2012 he has been left with the tightest of shoe string budgets after previous employers Roy Keane and Paul Jewell had spent a lot of money with no return. When Mick was approached to succeed Paul Jewell he was well aware of the fact there wouldnt be any money available to spend. Despite this Mick could see the potential at the club. Everything about the club speaks Premier League, and seeing Ipswich stuck in the relegation zone was the ideal challenge for himself to take on.

He was to guide Ipswich to 14th position in the end that 2012/13 season, turning around a real poor start and giving the Ipswich fans hope for next season.
9th place was to follow for 2013/14 as McCarthys Ipswich showed signs of real progress. Despite this progress there was still no real expectations amongst the die hard Tractor Boys. With no expectation comes no pressure.

This perhaps showed as the season of 2014/15 saw McCarthy and his blues flirt with the automatic spots for the majority of the season only to finish in 6th place and face the prospect of a 2 legged playoff battle with Arch Rivals Norwich City.
It wasnt meant to be and Norwich in the end ran out deserved winners to win promotion back to the Premier League.

Ipswich fans were left to a summer full of transfer talks regarding their key players. Daryl Murphy was continuously linked away from the club for big money moves, but Murphy happily signed a new contract to end all speculation.
Tyrone Mings was the big money mover in the end as Bournemouth came calling and offered a massive £8m for the young flying left back.

The £8m deal saw Ipswich take Brett Pitman from Bournemouth on a free transfer and also young winger Ryan Fraser on a seasons long loan.
With much of the Mings money still floating around, McCarthy it would appear wanted to spend some of this money to progress further what he had achieved so far with no money.
Ipswich fans had been crying out for McCarthy to be backed with a big transfer budget. After coming so close last season, it would be a shame to miss out on such an opportunity.

-------------------

- Wednesday 1st July 2015 -

MCCARTHY AXED

View attachment 216312

FANS IN DISBELIEF

BRYAN KLUG PLACED AS CARETAKER MANAGER

View attachment 216313

After 2 and a half years in charge, this morning Mick McCarthy was sacked as Ipswich Town manager after falling out with the Chairman over transfer funds. McCarthy had become very popular with the Ipswich faithful especially after so narrowly missing out on promotion last year with a team that was never regarded as promotion chasers.

Mick McCarthy done what he has always done best, he put together a team of hard workers with great team spirit. After narrowly missing out on promotion, strengthening the depth of the squad was always going to be the main goal. After receiving £8m for Tyrone Mings, Mick McCarthy was looking to be given a sum of that to improve his side. 2 seasons of shrewd free transfers signing should have been enough to persuade Evans to back his manager. However Evans refused to cough up and expected Ipswich to continue dipping into the free transfer market.

Before McCarthy was sacked, he did sign Brett Pitman on a free & Ryan Fraser on a season long loan as part of the Mings deal. Also, Jonas Knudsen was signed for a small fee of £350k. Piotr Malarczyk was signed for £8.5k. Larsen Toure, James Alabi, Josh Yorwerth & Tommy Oar were brought in on frees also.

Mick McCarthy had this to say after clearing out his office, "Its been a wonderful experience here the last 2 years. Me and TC have had our ups n downs but last year was just incredible. I couldnt have asked for more from such a great bunch of lads. They worked their absolute socks off last season and we almost went up! That i thank them for. Its all i ever ask from my teams. Its a shame things havnt worked out the way id have liked them this season but it is what it is. We both decided it would be best to go our seperate ways. I havnt got a bad word to say, i was left to get on with my job. Any manager will tell you, theres nothing better than having full control of who you sign and who plays. Marcus gave me that, he really did let me just get on with the job.

Id like to thank all the supporters for the amazing support youve given Me and TC over the last 2 years, believe me, we couldnt have done it without you. Kluggy has been left in charge for now and ive told him he has got to go for it. This is a great job here and alot of managers would be lucky to get the chance. For me though, it wasnt going to work out."

Mick McCarthy gracefully bows out of the Ipswich hotseat with Bryan Klug being placed as Caretaker manager. It is believed Klug, who returned to Ipswich as Youth Academy Director in 2012 (after a brief spell away from the club which started in a fall out with then Manager Roy Keane) will be pursueing the Managers job at Portman Road on a full time basis.

Marcus Evans will want to find McCarthys successor as soon as possible with pre season not far away.....

Last edited:
- Friday 3rd July 2015 -

Alan Curbishly & Neil Warnock linked to vacant Ipswich Managers Job

Its been 2 days since the dismissal of Mick McCarthy. It was never going to take long for names to start being thrown around for the new job. Its a big job to take on and will certainly be a challenge for the new boss. Every time a manager is sacked at Ipswich, Curbishly & Warnock are always names thrown around as potential replacements. Town fans will be very familiar with both after many battles with Curbishlys Charlton, and Warnocks Sheff Utd over the years.
There doesnt seem to be any real front runner for the job, but Marcus Evans will be giving chances to both of these men to see what they have to offer.

Other names being thrown around at the moment are, Tony Mowbray who of corse has a big rapport with fans after helping Ipswich to their last promotion back in 1999/00 before retiring and becoming part of the backroom staff.
George Burley is another name with huge presence amongst all Town fans as he was the Manager of that impressive playoffs winning squad in 2000.