Is anyone secretly happy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dickybran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2K

Dickybran

Banned
Reaction score
Is anyone secretly happy when some of their players get injured? I often find myself finding it easier when I have less players to choose from (to a certain extent). I usually have at least player in every position of decent quality and when one becomes injured it makes my life a lots easier to stop them moaning because I can't play them all at once.

I understand what your saying and agree to an extent. Not too happy when your best player gets injrued though :P

It can be a blessing I admit, especially when a young attacking MF by the name of Haris Vuckic is your backup.....:P

Although I had a problem where both DR got injured, and one would get injured, then within days the other would. Continued for around 6 months, Eventually sold both, bought a less-injury prone one..

Yep, sometimes I am.

You get the chance to play young players or stop the others moaning. ^^)

haha, yeah, sometimes I am, only when I have a really big good squad like my older Everton saves and Leverkusen saves ;) its always a good feeling to give that youngster a good run of games and see what he can do...

When I play Man City I like seeing that Craig Bellamy is unhappy cos of how I treat him lol, cant stand him, also when I sell him 9/10 Chelsea bid for him and I reject simply cos I dont want him to ever play for Chelsea in any form

haha, only for a couple of weeks but i'm secretly happy, less players to choose from :)

Not really. I've got my squad setup so I don't have more than 3 or 4 players that aren't at least on the bench. Have everyone play occasionally and you won't run into problems very often. If they start complaining, play them in the next 2 or 3 games when possible. When you don't want to, they're apparently not of sufficient skill to benefit the squad, so you sell them and get a replacement if necessary.

The players who don't make the bench will be of one of three categories:
- youngsters who aren't quite ready, but I don't want to loan out for reasons of squad depth (usually my not often used full backs or wide midfielders)
- older players who don't have the skill anymore to play regular first team football, but are handy for depth purposes and/or don't get sold easily
- players who are already agreed to be sold in the next transfer window. Don't really care about keeping them happy anymore.

Only if the injury isnt serious e.g 4-6months, because it increases the chance that your backup could pick up an injury, and even if its only for a few games, you have a problem. Especially if you have a big team in your next game.

i love it when the players who always whine about not getting first team football get injured. when they are injured i reply to their comment that i will only play them when they are fully fit, and they will pretty much shut up for the rest of the season lol.

Yeah I didn't mean for a long time, just a week or 2 to give the other player some games. It works both ways, if it's a player that's always whinging about not getting played who gets injured then he will stop moaning for a bit, or it can work the other way when you have no choice but to give the whinging player a game and hope he shuts up.

I love it when it is a player you never play and they are out for months!

No more Lack of Football nonsense!

Back