is better to use classic or pre-defined tactics?

chmo

Reaction score
since the predifined tactics were introduced to fm, ive always tended to go with that but i recently reverted back to classic mode and my team played so much beta and actually how i wanted them to. i find that even tho im very successful wiv my liverpool and have won league and champs league 3 years runnin, on predifined mode i try to create a particular way of playing (like barcelona) but my players dont perform as they should or do what i ask of them. so i was just wondering what people thought on this....do players play more like u want them to on classic or predefined?

since the predifined tactics were introduced to fm, ive always tended to go with that but i recently reverted back to classic mode and my team played so much beta and actually how i wanted them to. i find that even tho im very successful wiv my liverpool and have won league and champs league 3 years runnin, on predifined mode i try to create a particular way of playing (like barcelona) but my players dont perform as they should or do what i ask of them. so i was just wondering what people thought on this....do players play more like u want them to on classic or predefined?
it al

l depends mate :) I prefer the modern versions to be honest! I did make a classic tactic http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/85231-short-sweet%99.html which works really well and does what I want to do! I did start if off as a modern tactic but slowly decided to convert to classic..

Its not easier nor is it harder, the classic ones are more for your plug and play as the ME does not rely on the player roles like it does with the modern ones :)

hope that clears it up a bit

it al Its not easier nor is it harder, the classic ones are more for your plug and play as the ME does not rely on the player roles like it does with the modern ones :) hope that clears it up a bit

Just a quick question... Does role/duty affect the ME at all if I tweak the sliders for the player manually?

E.g. In the TC creator I set up a striker as "poacher". I than manually alter all the sliders to the settings of lets say a DLF / Support. Will the player in any regard be handeled different by the ME?

I always thought that role/duty are just suggestions by the TC: "Ok! You want to play your striker as a poacher? Look: This is how I would set up the sliders..." Does my gibberish make sense at all ? :)

Last edited:
it al

l depends mate :) I prefer the modern versions to be honest! I did make a classic tactic http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/85231-short-sweet%99.html which works really well and does what I want to do! I did start if off as a modern tactic but slowly decided to convert to classic..

Its not easier nor is it harder, the classic ones are more for your plug and play as the ME does not rely on the player roles like it does with the modern ones :)

hope that clears it up a bit

It doesn't rely on the number, it relies on the numbers the TC sets for each role. The ME does not know the difference between classic tactics & TC tactics, so imo it's more personal preference.

i feel that wiv the modern tactics the players are boxed in to the roles given,but i afraid to tweak them cos if u chose a striker as a poacher for example then the settings given already are what a poacher does if that make sense, so it tells you what mentality a poacher should have,closing down etc.then wiv classic u can chose how u want them to play like their passing,mentality are the same for every player. if i assign different roles for evry player in modern mode then they may not follow the team instructions given or the role i give a certain player may not be ideal for the way i want 2 play.