Is it an ACE up his sleeve? (Pentagon Challenge)

Reaction score
A NEW ERA!

After being unemployed for a large period of time South African National First Division side MP Black Aces have recruited up and coming young manager Peter Broadbridge! Being paid £1,400 the 25 year old manager looks to make an impact on the managerial world as he embarks on his pre-season campaign. What lies ahead for this promising manager is yet to be seen, but now given this oppurtunity to shine he will do is all to show why he was the pick of the bunch! What could lie ahead...

Pre Season!

View attachment 250182

Game 1

MP Black Aces 2-0 SuperSports United

In a shock result MP Black Aces under new manager Peter Broadbridge defeated South African Premier Soccer League side SuperSports United 2-0 in a friendly played at the home of football (Puma Rugby Stadium). The shock win against the side from the tier above came courtesy of Sandile Zuke and Mulondo Sikhwivhilu with a goal in each half. As well as the 2 goals MP Black Aces playing an attacking 4-2-4 formation enjoyed near total domination against their supposedly greater opponents not allowing the higher tier side to gain a shot on target in the entire game. After what can only be seen as a great performance manager Peter Broadbridge can only be delighted with the instant impact his managerial input has made in his 1st game in charge. Fans of the MP Black Aces may now be optimistic even after just this 1 game that they can bounce back to the top tier of South African football at the 1st attempt.

I've completed pre-season tonight but will update fully when I get up in the morning hope you enjoy my progression please provide feedback on the current format and how I can improve.

Game 2

After a great start to the season Broadbridges boys took to the field once more in pre-season against South African giants Orlando Pirates. The game played at the Puma Rugby Stadium was a tight encounter with Orlando edging possession but the Black Aces edging the chances. The deadlock was finally broken in the 19th minute by Tshepo Bulu. This was until the favourites Orlando drew level in the 29th minute through Fisher Kondowe. The sides then went onto cancel each other out for the remainder of the game as the MP Black Aces led by Broadbridge battled to a heroic draw in front of a crowd of 1,427 to remain unbeaten in Broadbridge's reign.

View attachment 250263

Transfer Update

This is the signings made by the end of the window not at this point in the game.
View attachment 250264

As you can see in the transfer window I've made a number of free signings to strengthen the squad and just 3 cash signings to the squad. This was done as I adapted the £90k budget down to £29k so I could afford more ages and therefore strengthen more of the squad. All these players were found using the scouting network due to my lack of knowledge on this league and will soon find out the capabilities of the players signed!

A New Challenge!

Today rookie manager Peter Broadbridge embarked on another mission alongside his career at MP Black Aces as he accepted a job offer to become Saudi Arabia's U23 manager as he prepares to qualify for the olympics. Broadbridge is said to be excited of the prospect ahead as he gains further experience away from his home in Birmingham, England. Admittedly the Saudi fans are unsure what to think about the surprise appointment of this unexperienced manager but look on to the new campaign with excitement of what may lie ahead.

View attachment 250265

After reading the story help and advice thread I'm going to incorporate far more screenshots to do the talking for me! Hope you like the new layout!

Game 3
Duban Bush Bucks 2-4 MP Black Aces

View attachment 250266

View attachment 250267

Another strong performance in pre-season led to me remaining unbeaten after 3 games. However this was not a routine win,
whilst for the 1st time I was expected to win the game the match became a struggle. Despite being favourites we needed 2 late goals
to seal the victory after an epic encounter in which I had already missed a penalty. However I was ultimately delighted at the
resilience shown late on as I made in 3 games unbeaten in a strong pre-season campaign!

Game 4

M Tigers 0-4 MP Black Aces

View attachment 250268
View attachment 250269

In another dominant display we met all expectations in this pre-season with an easy 4-0 destruction of the underdogs. Now 4 games
unbeaten I am delighted with the momentum we are gaining through pre-season!

Game 5

Lesedi Shooting Stars 1-6 MP Black Aces

View attachment 250270
View attachment 250271

Another total annhilation of the opponents in pre-season left me wondering could things get any better with 2 hat-trick heroes in
a performance right out of the top draw!

Player Watch

During the last 2 games seemingly star striker for me Linekar Mwikisa has scored consecutive hat-tricks so here's an extra look into
the star man from pre-season so far!

View attachment 250272

Game 6

MP Black Aces 0-1 Golden Arrows

View attachment 250273
View attachment 250274

Whilst this was ultimately a dissapointing end to pre-season after so many games unbeaten it by no means damaged our preperation
for an assault on the league as we narrowly lost against Golden Arrows who showed exactly why they were in the tier above as
we lost to the better team. However I am not disheartened by this and look forward to what should be an exciting season ahead!

Ok guys after reading all the advice things on stories I'm going to a bit more research think of a good story I'll enjoy and just do this one without a story I'm going to end this one now and make the most of my next effort sorry for my misunderstanding on what to do in this section I only just recently arrived I'll end this one here and look to create a proper story next time! :)

Back