is it best to leave player instructions on default?

chmo

Reaction score
do u tweak player instructions based on their attributes or pick your team instructions and expect them to play as u want them to as a team.
like for instance if u ask your team to be more expressive, do u change their instructions so only the best techniqally have more creative freedom.
sometimes i find wen i start changing individual instructions i dont play well.
what is the best approach to use.
or say u got alexis sanchez who u play as a winger but he has poor crossing attributes.do u change it so he doesnt cross so much or leave it as default so the team play as 1?
id appreciate some advice,thanks

Well, I try to tweak it as much as I can so my I get the best out of my players. Although the wide-man with low crossing attribute is kinda tricky; it seems that restraining his crossing opportunities is worse than wasting a few crosses.
Usually, the creative freedom I give to my players is up to their position and their own creativity. I never give lots of CF to low-creativity players as they would easily do something idiotic. The same applies for forwards, generally: giving them too much freedom may be a pain in the ****.

The key is experimenting, really. See what fits your tactics better. And if I'm not wrong, player instructions are not included into match preparation, so you can change it often with no damage to your style of play.