Is it just me or

• Thread starter Thread starter sefiruso
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2K

sefiruso

Reaction score
Do average to poor teams just play stupidly well for little to no reason while you play complete and utter *****.

I'm a Manchester City fan and i always do a City game first it's never usually a challenge so i aim to go full youth and turn a profit asap after 2-3 seasons of dominating the league.

This years game teams like WBA, Sunderland, Fulham etc play more like Barcelona one touch football passing it around for 10-15 mins where i don't even touch it. Every time i get a tactic working I.E beating Chelsea 4-0 in the CS and 3-1 at home as soon as i lose a game that's it.

City feel like a mid table team this year just lost 4-0 to Sunderland at the Stadium Of Light again one touch football just decimated my team the same team that has beat Chelsea twice. I don't see how this happens with every tactic you beat the better teams then the lower teams just rip you apart.

Is anyone else having this or should i get into the frame of mind that this year it doesn't matter how good your team us but you really need to swap tactics every game to suit the play style of the opposition. Never had to research in depth before the style of my opposition and lets be honest that's a bit dull :) I don't want to have to build 3 or 4 tactics to counter different types of teams.

This is what's happened so far two losses on the bounce this normally signals the end to my season where i now struggle to hit top 4

View attachment 281040

Last edited:
Everyone seems to be getting this! best bet is to radically change tactics in the middle of a rut! works for me! but yeah so frustrating the engine seems to allow lower reputation temas to decimate you with wonderful one touch tiki taka football :(

Do average to poor teams just play stupidly well for little to no reason while you play complete and utter *****.

I'm a Manchester City fan and i always do a City game first it's never usually a challenge so i aim to go full youth and turn a profit asap after 2-3 seasons of dominating the league.

This years game teams like WBA, Sunderland, Fulham etc play more like Barcelona one touch football passing it around for 10-15 mins where i don't even touch it. Every time i get a tactic working I.E beating Chelsea 4-0 in the CS and 3-1 at home as soon as i lose a game that's it.

City feel like a mid table team this year just lost 4-0 to Sunderland at the Stadium Of Light again one touch football just decimated my team the same team that has beat Chelsea twice. I don't see how this happens with every tactic you beat the better teams then the lower teams just rip you apart.

Is anyone else having this or should i get into the frame of mind that this year it doesn't matter how good your team us but you really need to swap tactics every game to suit the play style of the opposition. Never had to research in depth before the style of my opposition and lets be honest that's a bit dull :) I don't want to have to build 3 or 4 tactics to counter different types of teams.

It's a football management game. Do you think managers in real life think "Oh, so-and-so tactic has worked well for a few games, I know, I'll just stick with it for the rest of the season. That's bound to win me everything." No, they DO constantly research their opposition. If you think it's dull for a game, imagine what it's like doing it in real life.

It's a football management game. Do you think managers in real life think "Oh, so-and-so tactic has worked well for a few games, I know, I'll just stick with it for the rest of the season. That's bound to win me everything." No, they DO constantly research their opposition. If you think it's dull for a game, imagine what it's like doing it in real life.

I agree with you... you have three slots for a reason people do a lot of complaining but Iv done a full season and its not completely the MEs fault it really isnt... Im playing as Cordoba in LIGA Adelante I struggled for consistency for the first 10 games won 5, drew 1 lost 4... I had a 4231 control (home), 4411 counter (away) and a 442 for chasing games I found my team performed much better with the 4411... so I modified it the 4411 to 4231 and made it slightly more attacking it worked almost immediately around game 13 I started on a winning streak...
All season I switched between 4231 counter, 4411 counter and 4231 attack I found something that worked and built my other tactics from the initial successful one... IT worked well I went 17 games unbeaten and finished the season top with 80points...

There are still issues with the ME for sure I mean my Gks distribution is laughable and Iv had no real success in changing it... And I think wide play is still overpowered but overall if there is a persistent problem you're doing something wrong...
Just keep plugging away at some point you have to see an upturn in results and when you do build another a secondary system from the tactic that is working...

Edit: I should add to be fair I did go through a period were I got 5 disallowed goals for offside which were very much onside this happened in the space of 9 to 10 games... It annoyed the **** out of me and I dont think it balanced itself out...

Last edited:
I think the idea with the new game is to start from scratch. Find a Blue Square team and work your way up the career ladder by winning promotions, finding talents and building teams. I will give the game another fair shot after a weekend of frustration.

Unless your Barcelona - don't think they change it too much lol

Unless your Barcelona - don't think they change it too much lol

That's true I suppose, but with passers like Xavi, Fábregas and Iniesta in the team and finishers like Messi, they don't need to. Although saying that, I've watched highlights of their recent games, and even when they've passed the ball around the pitch, they seem to struggle. Taking their most recent game against Celta Vigo as an example, Messi must have had four or five clear cut chances and failed to make them count.

I didn't change tactic for the whole first season, I won the League, FA and League Cup, with Spurs.

Second season, same tactic, 11 points from 11 games lol

I didn't change tactic for the whole first season, I won the League, FA and League Cup, with Spurs.

Second season, same tactic, 11 points from 11 games lol

You must have a backup tactic though? If not, I strongly recommend making one. Because your tactic might be working well now, but you might find there are times when another is more effective against a certain team.

is there no club and competition logos for premiership? tnx 4 help...

Back