Is it Just Me?

• Thread starter Thread starter Alex W
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 867

Alex W

Reaction score
Hello folks, first time poster and I probably won't stick around long, but i'm not meaning to troll here, honest!

I bought FM2012 a few weeks ago and after a brief honeymoon period of enjoying the new features and layout (I didn't try the demo) I have come to be very annoyed by the game. Let me explain...

I have played on Football Manager 2008 and 2010, the latter of those two being a big favourite of mine still. I knew there were bugs in them, but I didn't mind as they could be worked around. In FM2012 however, the bugs seem more frequent and are ruining any enthusiasm for the game that I have.

My Derby season was going very well until in three games straight it injured three of my players badly. I reloaded the last match as I don't mind losing but i'm not having that, and it did it again. It now does it every time, I can't continue with my save without seeing three players injured in the next game. I know that is presumably a bug, but it's ruining any fun I have with it.

And even then in that particular game it moves my defence about into stupid positions. I am fine with losing games, I don't mind aslong as the game doesn't screw me over with weird AI decisions, but in several games its been throwing players forward when we don't have the ball and other weird things. For instance, I had a player through on goal and the game stopped him dead and he passed to their defender. Another time I had a Peterborough forward bearing down on goal and my defence parted to the sides of the pitch and let him through. Upon reloading the game they continued to do it.

I had an even worse one where I could have any formation/selection possible and my players would still be woefully out of position every time. My LB was next to my AML and refused to move for three of their attacks. Had this not been a £30 game, i'd have snapped the cd there and then! >:( Given that it's FM i've been trying to coax myself into continuing to play, but it's proving hard. And I love this series.

Is it just me then? Are these just random bugs that happen to be hitting me? Or is anyone else out there feeling the same? I'm not here to simply hate on the game or anything like that, i'm just wondering if i've been the unlucky sod hit by these bugs like this or if it's a general thing. I would hope that they would patch these things in the next update but it seems unlikely, not without me having a direct line to SI anyway. If the AI continues to act stupidly and ruin the game for me then I think that'll be me done with FM for this year atleast, and perhaps next if it continues.

So, are you having the same trouble? Or am I just woefully unlucky? (And grumpy)

Back