Is it possible I can get a manager of a foreign national team to be my teams coach?

• Thread starter Thread starter Management
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

Management

Reaction score
Hi. I just got football manager 2012 and haven't played any version of it for years. There is a manager of a national team who used to play and coach for my team, I want to get him back coaching for my team, is it possible? If so how do I do it? For scouting my scout has no knowledge of the country in question. Thanks. (H)

Not really sure I understand your question m8.

Are you trying to recruit a national team manager to be a coach for your club side? I highly doubt you would be able to convince him to do that, But 90% of the time national team coaches (NOT MANAGERS) are contracted to clubs as well, you could always just go to the national team screen and right click his name and offer him a contract at your club, see how that goes.

Keep sending your scout to that area and his knowledge will increase, or hire a scout that has knowledge of that country.

I highly doubt it. Its basically impossible to even discuss a contract with an unemployed manager to become a coach, let alone a manager whos in a job.

Thanks for replys guys.

Are you trying to recruit a national team manager to be a coach for your club side?

Yes, the guy used to play for my club some years ago and then went on to coach, then he went and became manager of a national team. My club is one of his preferred clubs so maybe hopefully it will help me get him back.

Ok I got to the contract page it says "I'm not currently interested in entering into contract discussions." is there any way that will change?

Last edited:
If he gets fired from the national team... haha

Check his management abilities, and try and see if you can offer him assistant manager or something. I highly doubt he'll come back as a coach...So keep that in mind in the future as well.

I would just add him to your subscriptions and keep a tab on his career. It doesn't seem like you have a chance of luring him back at the moment.

Hehe. I have him in my subscriptions now, will keep an eye on him and see if I get a chance somehow to bring him back. Thanks!

Back