Is it possible I've signed too many new players?

• Thread starter Thread starter PeckNCFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3K

PeckNCFC

Reaction score
Playing as Norwich, first season I bought only 3 players pre season and another 2 in Jan, but could only play one because of some clause so the other had to wait, and finished 7th overall, missed 6th from 1 goal, goal difference. I bought all 5 (4/5 from a wonderkid list) , and 2 are fan favourites and have been beasts for my team already.

I was given 12 million for next season (lowest target budget - top half finish)
I signed 7 new players over the pre-season, 5 of which from a wonder-list. (wonderkids even when young outclass most of Norwich players)

Only 3 of the original Norwich squad are in my regular first team now.

My first friendly I won 6 - 0, team played well, looked awesome, was happy.

First game of season 1 - 1 to West Brom at home. I took it.
Second, Man City home, lose 5 - 0, with rage reboot, lose 6 - 0, take it.
Third, away to Newcastle, lose 3 - 1.
4th, Home, Arsenal, lose 4 - 0.

I haven't another save file, so can't really undo it. What can be done to help get my team back on track again? And how long could it take? Or am I just being really unlucky?

(Also had 1 red card, Ruddy my keeper injured, as well as 3 other first teams injured (2/3 new) )

What do?

Be patient :)
Also on your match prep you should have it on team blend with a high (or very high) workload to speed up the process

Also considder that young players are more likely to make misstakes

Do not worry it happens often and it is hard to win against the teams you have played against. I am sure your team will get gelled, and the peeps will get experience. You need just 1-2 good series of wins to get a mid/top half finish. Play more counter oriented strategies, because the teams will go attacking in most of the matches against you. I even used contain strategy against the top oppositions and I won 2-3 points against them instead of being crashed 4-5 to 0. In the real football a lot of weaker teams just park the buss and hope for good defense and luck in front of the goal when they are playing against the top dogs.

I remember in another safe with Perugia I won Seria B with a very weak team playing on counter catennacio strategy and then change to defensive/contain if I score. I did not lose a game for a whole season, made a lot of draws, but still managed to win it. And in the next season I kept myself away from relegation in the same way, with almost the same team where the only good players I had were Crisetig, Petrucci and Cicirretti.

Back