Is It True?

• Thread starter Thread starter jstsam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2K

jstsam

Reaction score
I heard a rumor that some managers including Harry Redknapp go on Football Manager to check out player's attributes and then scout them in real life and sometimes buy them, have you guys heard this before?

I have heard Villa and Everton do.

tbh, it sounds ridiculous lol. players in game may vary with those irl. but its a good way to uncover talents ;)

I heard a rumor that some managers including Harry Redknapp go on Football Manager to check out player's attributes and then scout them in real life and sometimes buy them, have you guys heard this before?
Yeah, I've heard this before. Heard about some Everton and Chelsea scouts doing it.

ive heard this as well. One of my local clubs Brockenhurst fc have sports interactive as a minor sponsor and they use football manager as well

I heard about everton doing it i guess they just use the genie scout though

I think David moyes went public on this a couple of years ago and said he did.

Thats not a bad idea Football Manager quite ofter gets right who will be the big players in years to come.

i know everton do it which is a good idea players in fm ain much off players i real life :)

I reckon George Graham got an old Championship Manager for Christmas coz the next day he bought Simon Davies & Matthew Etherington from Peterboro who were class in that years game!!

I reckon George Graham got an old Championship Manager for Christmas coz the next day he bought Simon Davies & Matthew Etherington from Peterboro who were class in that years game!!
Why spend cash on scouts when you can do it yourself by playing FM, right?:P

I remember David Moyes coming out and saying it. Probably where he found Fellaini and Bilyanetdinov

The only reason I've heard of Mario Balotelli is because of FM, I wonder if that's the case with arsenal??

fellaini and bilyadentiov (sp) have been amazing though, not a bad idea, maybe roberto mancini can get some regens :)

I do something like this, I go onto Thai Brides, scout some, scout in real life, buy them.

Back