Is managing U/19's a pathway to National team Manager?

• Thread starter Thread starter Raikan007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3K

Raikan007

Reaction score
I have applied for the German U/19 coach, has anyone had any experience in going on from there to become the actual manager of the senior squad?

does it increase your chances when Louw or the actual Manager retires or moves on?

Dunno, I usuallu ask Raikan when I'm stuck on something... ah.

In my experience the CPU has a higher chance of getting the main NT job if they've been an under 19's/21's manager. Also if I set myself as an U21 manager then retire the main NT manager then 90% of the time I instantly get the Main NT job.

I have no experience in this, but my best guess is that the usual "climbing the ladder of success" is the way to go.
I.e have a successfull spell with U19, then bring U23 to glory in the olympics, etc. It would then be pretty hard to overlook your name when Leüw retires...

lol mcc :P

I assumed as much :) I really want the national team job I must say!

lets see if it works, will update any progress!

I think u21 manager gives you a good chance of being offered the job.. u19 might give you a better chance of getting the u21 job in the future.. ;)

I had this theory also. Took over as manager of England U21 at the bginning of my first season (Pearce was given the England job permanently). Just finishing the first season, and am planning on applying for Great Brittain manager for the Olympics, before waiting on the National team job to become available again. Pearce hasn't been doing a great job as manager so I think he'll be out after a poor showing in the Euro's...

Raikan how did you get a Germany NT job? Since the latest patch Japan and Germany have both been unplayable again...

Well going on what people say in regards to the San Marino challenge, yes. Any job for that country (in real life) would give you a higher chance of making it to the main job.

Well they accepted some other ****** over me... his stats are ****!

Salas, GB U/23's are really easy to get the job :) just apply and I have always got it! Spain is a different story!

Raikan how did you get a Germany NT job? Since the latest patch Japan and Germany have both been unplayable again...

you have to go back into the steamapps/common/fm12/db/inc/ and delete the files again!

after each update check that folder, I got caught out as well :)

you have to go back into the steamapps/common/fm12/db/inc/ and delete the files again!

after each update check that folder, I got caught out as well :)

I actually have another theory that if you sign a lot of players of a particular nationality then you're more likely to be offered the national post too. I was incessantly offered the Croatia national job as I had Kranjcar, Modric and Vraslijko all at once.

Back