Is Raheem Sterling worth £67m?

• Thread starter Thread starter louiscfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3K

louiscfc

Reaction score
Start of fourth season, he's 22 and playing well for Liverpool. I'm managing Chelsea so Liverpool wont sell him but he has a release clause of £67m.

I don't necessarily need him, but he would certainly add to my squad as Cuadrado is getting on in age. Also, i'm trying to build an all English/home-grown team so he would fit that bill.

He would want £150-170k p/w wages.

This will probably be my only chance of signing him as he will probably sign a new deal soon so...

I have £100+m there to spend if I need it, but is he really worth it? His attributes are very impressive but his stats for Liverpool don't do that justice.

How does he perform for you guys?

Hes a ******' animal in my ACMilan save...i paid almost 90 mil€ with installments,but he deserved it,hes a truly inspired signing,and he can play multiple positions...

Decided against it. Just didn't feel he was worth that much :/

No one is.

Pogba may disagree!! Spent £80m on him the previous season and he is an absolute beast. Won me the treble so the revenue made pretty much paid the fee straight back :)

Worth it 100% i paid something like 80 million and is an absolute beast

He's definitely worth £67m mate, cheapest I have ever got him for is £54m

Paid 49 million for him (DOnt remember what season) TO Chelsea and he played amazingly, but at the end of last season (Season 4) He stumbled over a period for a rating at under 7.
Still worth it though, he is homegrown in England..

Got him for £45M before season 3 or 4 with Man Utd, his release clause. Liverpool didnt qualify for the champions league so he wanted to leave. Really happy with him. Rotating him and Januzaj as off midt, and have used him as right wing-back in some home games to devastating effect

Pogba may disagree!! Spent £80m on him the previous season and he is an absolute beast. Won me the treble so the revenue made pretty much paid the fee straight back :)

I spent £80m on Pogba as well, but even though he performed well he didn't become a monster for me as I expected. And I'm having just as good results without him as with him. I rarely buy players for more than £30m. If they cost more, I can always find another option - or a younger one - for less.

I spent £80m on Pogba as well, but even though he performed well he didn't become a monster for me as I expected. And I'm having just as good results without him as with him. I rarely buy players for more than £30m. If they cost more, I can always find another option - or a younger one - for less.

How much did you sell him for? What role did you play him? Yeah true, but I just lost the UCL final and thought f**k it, I need to spend!! so I bought him for 80, Varane for 50 and Koke for 51. Not proud of it but I managed to recoup that through player sales and won the treble the following season so it paid off :)

How much did you sell him for? What role did you play him? Yeah true, but I just lost the UCL final and thought f**k it, I need to spend!! so I bought him for 80, Varane for 50 and Koke for 51. Not proud of it but I managed to recoup that through player sales and won the treble the following season so it paid off :)

Sold him for £60m to Real Madrid, no one wanted to bid higher and I preferred to sell him over giving him a new contract. Played him as DLP support in the MC position. He performed well, but not £80m well. He should probably be played as RPM, but I didn't have room for that in my tactics.

Sold him for £60m to Real Madrid, no one wanted to bid higher and I preferred to sell him over giving him a new contract. Played him as DLP support in the MC position. He performed well, but not £80m well. He should probably be played as RPM, but I didn't have room for that in my tactics.

It's about buying the right players for your tactics I think! Nice one for selling him and not forcing to change your whole team to fit around him!

I am in 2019, almost 2020 and am doing a Southampton save in which my squad is fully english. I won the premier league easily last year for the first time and then Manchester City came along and activated Patrick Roberts (my best player) release clause which was £77million and i bought raheem to replace him for £57million release clause. I'm happy with him so far, 10 starts, 6 goals, 5 assists, 7.94 average

If your building a all english team then yes he is worth it. If you were just getting anyone im sure you could find cheaper options.

Sterling's price tag is 300m on my save, Liverpool wont listen to offers :(.

Got Pogba for 55m tho with 20% of next sale to them, which is awesome.

Deciding wether to get Varane or Marquinhos along with a good striker.

Back