Is the FM 2010 radomly generated?

swappysnipes

Reaction score
I first started an FM 2010 game using Arsenal and was asked choose my budget for the start of the season a choose a tittle challenge budget (£29M) and later i quit the game and started a new one also choosing Arsenal but this time around my tittle challenge budget was (£30.5M).
i also noticed one thing that Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere were having potential stars of 2.5 and 3.5 respectively and but this time around it 3 stars each.
My first two games i managed to buy Villa for £56m (£16m up front, £40m after 48 months). i also managed to get more funds from the Board to make further transfers.
This time around the board will not even say hi to me.:( they are refusing to grant my request.And Valencia will only negotiate a deal worth more than £115m in excess
Please mates has anyone experienced this thing before?

Last edited:
Were both games done at the same time? If you take over at the beginning, and say you'll challenge of r the title, you'll get £29million, but if you come a few weeks later the previous manager could have spent a bit thus lowering your budget.

The same thing could be said about potential. If they're starting to perform better, they're potential might skyrocket.

I'm almost 100% Sure Potential never moves. PA (potential ability) is a set Attribute, although a player's CA (current ability) may fluctuate

actually PA is not a set thing unless the players at a certain age. If you look into their stuff on the editor it will say like -10 or -9. -10 being a PA of 170 or higher and -9 150 or higher I believe.

maybe its something much more trivial like a different coach checking their potential and budgets do randomise within a certain range :) newcastle get 0 whatever though lol

Were both games done at the same time? If you take over at the beginning, and say you'll challenge of r the title, you'll get £29million, but if you come a few weeks later the previous manager could have spent a bit thus lowering your budget.

The same thing could be said about potential. If they're starting to perform better, they're potential might skyrocket.

Both games were not done at the same time. the first two games i started i choose to challenge for the tittle n my budget was £29m. After i few days i decided to start a new game thus deleting the first one. but this this around tittle challenge budget was £30.5m
My first two games i managed to buy Villa for £56m (£16m up front, £40m after 48 months). i also managed to get more funds from the Board to make further transfers.
This time around the board will not even say hi to me.:( they are refusing to grant my request.

Last edited:
It does mean that no 2 careers will ever be the same i have once signed andarde on a free at start of newcastle seaosn but then started again and he rejected out right, i prefer it this way unlike cm4 and older cm/fm's were u always buy anelka for release fee, etc etc lol

potential ability stays the same im sure, but depending on how long the coaches have had with players might change how they rate them maybe?

and as for budget it depends on your reputation, if you picked history as international footballer you get more money than if you pick sunday league footballer

Back