Is the site getting slower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak

Reaction score
First of all I'm just asking, I'm not complaining. Recently when using FM base I find it is taking longer to load between threads and taking longer for my comments to be published. I use google chrome and all other sites (including other forums) all load very fast. I don't have a bad computer so please don't just say that. Is the site getting slow because of all the build up of comments and threads etc? Feel free to close this thread if you deem so.

Well I think it's getting slower, but that might be just at my end. It seems to take quite long to load the threads.

the same here mate, don't worry about it tho

You are probably right, but that has to be expected. As you know efficiency slows with demand and that is the same case here. Facebook, Myspace, whatever all experience the same and remember the kinda funds they have compared to FMBASE.

it working normally for me and fast loads of threads and comments published

I get on the site slow, but it takes even longer for me to get on the thread etc.

Last edited:
It is going quite slow at the moment (for me) and it does happen from time to time. Will be back up to normal speed soon though ;)

alright nice to know it's not just me :) hopefully will be back up to good speed soon :)

Sean mentioned something yesterday about doing backup tests or something, but decided to abandon it at the time because the site was already experiencing technical difficulties..

EDIT: And it's slow for me too, everything else is fine though.

Yes it's running like a slug. I reckon a lot of the V old threads & posts could be deleted. Maybe it would speed things up a bit. Then again, maybe it wouldn't.

Sean mentioned something yesterday about doing backup tests or something, but decided to abandon it at the time because the site was already experiencing technical difficulties..

EDIT: And it's slow for me too, everything else is fine though.

Yeah I have been doing quite a bit of backing up/restoring of files over the past few days so it has slowed the site down a bit. It's all in preparation for FM 2011 so that hopefully by then the speeds will be back to their best!

thanks a lot for the heads up sean. Also for me the site seems to have resorted back to normal speed

It was going slow yesterday but it seems alright now

Closed.

We are always going to have issue's from time to time, feel free to donate more for a better service :)

Status
Not open for further replies.