Is there a good tactic for corners??

dee7a

Reaction score
I'm playing with Spurs and i'm 1st in premier league in 15 matches, i'm playing very well but the only down side is that i've never scored from a corner, i used to be the top team scoring from corners in fm 09 but now i don't know how to do it anymore, i have Crouch so i just wanna get the ball to him and he'll do the rest, is there any good tactic for these??? Thanks a lot in advance! :)

i usually play 1 or 2 good headers of the ball challenging keeper, a couple with decent long shooting lurking on the edge of the box, then good headers attacking front and back posts, and set deliver to inside 6 yard box.

Ameobi scored a fair few from set peices in the championship. hes on a bit of a drought this year but all 5 of his goals have came from corners i think... i just put it down to him being ****

i usually play 1 or 2 good headers of the ball challenging keeper, a couple with decent long shooting lurking on the edge of the box, then good headers attacking front and back posts, and set deliver to inside 6 yard box.

Ameobi scored a fair few from set peices in the championship. hes on a bit of a drought this year but all 5 of his goals have came from corners i think... i just put it down to him being ****
exactly the same. except that i set my corner and free kick takers. in my wolves game, either milijas or david jones (who i wanted to sell at the start until i saw his set pieces ability) takes my free kicks and corners and i score quite a bit from there.

Remember to set your corner takers so that the left footed guys take the right-sided corners and vice versa. I don't think I've ever scored from an out-swinging corner in FM. Ever.

The Captains advice is spot on and gets you loadsa goals. I use Cardozo challenging goal keeper gerrard lurking outside area and Carragher and Agger attacking the posts. The rest are set to attack ball from deep. I suggest you do the same with Crouchy challenging the keeper

Remember to set your corner takers so that the left footed guys take the right-sided corners and vice versa. I don't think I've ever scored from an out-swinging corner in FM. Ever.

The best Corner Tactic So far.I play Partizan (Serbia) Minor League, but i score corner about 40% so far. This tactic Is very best little bit improved from 2009 when i Played with Bayern Munich. Klose was killer. Here this should work in 2010. For me at least.LOL.I beat Anderlect 3:0 (one corner) with PartizanI have dominant heights, and 3 players with headers above 15..So:

I have the corners set to mixed
I have my best header attacking near post
My next best header doing a near post flick
My strongest (strength) player standing on their goal
My best long shot on edge of area.
My weaker striker / winger standing on back post.
2 others (attack minded players) on Forward
And I leave 3 back.

Once Again Tx guys for Genuine scout.

OOOOOOO Partizane We love You