Is there a way to automatically change a players duty when subbing another player?

Bannabein

Reaction score
I'm playing a 4-1-2-3 DM formation like this:

View attachment 76280

For my striker, I'm alternating between Defensive Forward (support) and Poacher (attack) depending on the player. And for my MCR, BBM or CM (attack). All good so far, I can change that automatically.

But when I swap my DF for my Poacher, I also want the IFL to change from an attack duty to a support duty. Same for my RB: I want to change him from an attack duty to a support duty when I swap my BBM for my CM(attack).

Is there a way the game can do this automatically? It's kind of a pain in the *** having to change it manually every time...

Last edited:
Yes, i think so. on the player instructions screen, on the left under the pitch icon, you can see a role by player if i remember right

I know. That's not what I'm asking.

Sorry, (Read the whole thing wkd, duh!)

I dont think so, saving and loading it with the new roles shouldnt effect the familarity to badly?

I dont think so, saving and loading it with the new roles shouldnt effect the familarity to badly?

Yeah, I suppose that would have to be the way to do it. I just don't like spending two tactics slots on one formation. Oh well, there's a suggestion for the next patch.

Yeah, I suppose that would have to be the way to do it. I just don't like spending two tactics slots on one formation. Oh well, there's a suggestion for the next patch.

You might be able to just load it in from the folder with out losing too much if its similar enough.

If I understand the issue correctly, create an additional tactic with those particular roles, then when you make the substitution, also change to the alternative tactic.