Is there a way to make the board build a new ground? For apple's sake!!

• Thread starter Thread starter emman23
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5K

emman23

Reaction score
Playing wigan, just finished into 2022 - 2023 season.

I just won the league (5th time), and i done it with 31 wins, 7 draws!.. won the UCL (3rd time). Capital one and FA cup for 3rd time.. only lost twice all season (in community shield, penalty shoot out, and UCL group match, where i fielded the back ups of the back ups)..

I have 450m in transfer budget, going for 550+ after i sell some players this window.. but still, the board dont like to build a new ground....

i have a 32000 all seater stadium, the average attendance is 31997. YES, almost sold out every match. i got cheap tickets, the board announced 97m in losses, due to only 15m in sponsorship all year and cheap tickets and low stadium capacity.

is there a way?...

Last edited:
help??..is there a way for a new stadium? ... the board says that the financial revenue that it will add wont really needed...WE"RE LOSING MONEY...the only reason i only lose like 7-10m a month because of the transfer i sold in a monthly installments ..i got around 150m+ in 48 months!

How old is your stadium is it in good order? Say for instance if you were Arsenal the Emirates isnt that old that they would let you build a new stadium a few seasons in, im playing on a different level to you as Limerick in the Irish league and we only rent our stadium 9 seasons in and we have been getting champions league football for 5 seasons and i dont get a look in either despite selling my stadium out, Is there also an option to increase the capacity because i found with man utd i did this first until they could not expand any further and then that was the excuse for building a new stadium! Stadiums seem to be one of FMs mysteries into whats the best way to get them.

Well, it will depend on how high average attendance the board think you will have versus how much money you have ( not transfer budget) versus the cost of building a new stadium. Do you own the Old stadium ? How much money do to have?

How old is your stadium is it in good order? Say for instance if you were Arsenal the Emirates isnt that old that they would let you build a new stadium a few seasons in, im playing on a different level to you as Limerick in the Irish league and we only rent our stadium 9 seasons in and we have been getting champions league football for 5 seasons and i dont get a look in either despite selling my stadium out, Is there also an option to increase the capacity because i found with man utd i did this first until they could not expand any further and then that was the excuse for building a new stadium! Stadiums seem to be one of FMs mysteries into whats the best way to get them.

The stadium was originally a 25k seater i think.. then i requested to expand to maximum (32k seater) around 5-6 years ago..

Well, it will depend on how high average attendance the board think you will have versus how much money you have ( not transfer budget) versus the cost of building a new stadium. Do you own the Old stadium ? How much money do to have?

Im pretty sure the attendance will still be very high, my club is the best club, and was consecutively the richest club last 3 years, this year we've been dethroned by Man City and PSG....

Its the same stadium from the start.

and i just realized, my balance is only 72m...what the ****?!... why the **** my board gives me 430m+ in budget ?... if i use 200m? would that mean my club will borrow money from somewhere?..

I guess most of my money [last year] goes to salary (150m players and staffs),transfer (90m, kinda bought some starters) tax (75m), bonuses (65m, i give high bonuses for throhpy and awards, around 9 players of my club just got team of the year bonuses), loyalty(25m), non soccer(54m)... plus some other, a total of 530m!

Most of my income came from selling(170m), tv rights(120m), merchandize(35m), prize money(75m)... and measly 25m in sponsorship and gate reciepts(17m) and season tickets (9m).. plus others for only 430m!

Aghh... should i sell players? especially those who have high salary.. though i wont sell my highest earner (275k) bec he is the best player in world (3 time balon d or), very consistent and clutch..

though my next player earning is 200k (alaba) LB is a very important position in my tactic, and he is still the best at age 30..

most of my starters are at 110-170k..

Is 72m really all my money?.. i want to re structure my wage, but cant do that unless i sell my best player.. his been with me since 2013...****

Thats the downside of offering insane boni to players for lowering their weekly wages, with just player salaries, you probably doubled the amount you thought you would be.

Yeah, kinda seems like you're losing money through wages/bonuses, which is a pickle if you can't get away with paying your players less or selling and starting over. That's why I try (and fail mostly :P) to keep wages down initially, because they're only going to go up the better you get. I'm just firm and no matter how good someone is, if I don't want to pay them as much as they want, they don't get it.

In my save, Wigan had a tycoon takeover. Ten years later (24/25), they still play in a 25k seat stadium. But they never had any real competition success and not sure about there attendance numbers.

If your losses were 100m one season, leaving you with 70m in the bank, then your finances are in an unworkable position. Considering you won everything on offer, your projected losses will probably equate to more for next season. Put simply, you can't afford to build a new stadium.

Sorry buddy, but it looks like you'll have to sell some big names and rebuild. It's not like the board will sack you after all those trophies anyway.

Just as a heads up, I don't think I've ever payed a salary higher than 170k a week, and I busted that our because the player was the best in the world. It's always possible to get decent quality for a fair price.

Yeah, kinda seems like you're losing money through wages/bonuses, which is a pickle if you can't get away with paying your players less or selling and starting over. That's why I try (and fail mostly :P) to keep wages down initially, because they're only going to go up the better you get. I'm just firm and no matter how good someone is, if I don't want to pay them as much as they want, they don't get it.

Definitely, and with a cheap income in tickets, i dont think i can turn it around without selling my big players

In my save, Wigan had a tycoon takeover. Ten years later (24/25), they still play in a 25k seat stadium. But they never had any real competition success and not sure about there attendance numbers.

I had a Business man take over 6 years ago, though he didnt give as any money.. 25k stadium is the original not-expanded one.

Thats the downside of offering insane boni to players for lowering their weekly wages, with just player salaries, you probably doubled the amount you thought you would be.

The bonuses is the only way i can do to not allow any further damage in my wage structure.. the best player in the world (my player) wants 325k.. due giving him bonuses, i manage to make it 275k..

If your losses were 100m one season, leaving you with 70m in the bank, then your finances are in an unworkable position. Considering you won everything on offer, your projected losses will probably equate to more for next season. Put simply, you can't afford to build a new stadium.

Sorry buddy, but it looks like you'll have to sell some big names and rebuild. It's not like the board will sack you after all those trophies anyway.

Just as a heads up, I don't think I've ever payed a salary higher than 170k a week, and I busted that our because the player was the best in the world. It's always possible to get decent quality for a fair price.

I am losing 100m a season even when i averages 170m+ is transfer sold.. kinda sucks.. The board says they think that building a new stadium wouldn't justify the financial advantages we will get.. stupid i think.. the best team in the world has a 32k seat stadium with averages of ticket price of 23 euros..

170k max wage is a triumph for me..

I think i know what should i do.. now that i won everything multiple times, and i am lie lowing in the game and dont have any intention to change club for now as its daunting and time consuming..

i will try to manage a national club, I'd never done that.. I'll try to find a vacant NT job, though its already mid-June...

Going to try it later...

Off topic, There's no opening in NT job, from june to november,,is there a month that they usually sack NT coaches?

June/July right after an international tournament is a good place to start. Otherwise, its pretty random

Back