Is this game trying to sabotage me???

• Thread starter Thread starter CraigWL
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1K

CraigWL

Reaction score
View attachment 208904

So i got through to the quarter final of the League Cup, i thought i might have a decent chance of beating spurs... we were 2-0 down at half time so i used all my subs..... then you can very clearly see how the game is determined to destroy my hopes... honestly i've never seen that many injuries in this sort of scenario, i finished the game with 4 defenders, 1 CM and 1 ST (the ST was Rakitic out of position)... One of the most annoying games i've played and to lose the game in the 121st minute with 7 men is really a kick in the teeth. :'(

I feel for you. This amount of injuries , mostly 3 then 4,has happend to or me or my opponent on many, many occasions in FM11 and 12. 2 injuries in the second half , followed by 1 or 2 more in extra time. I have never gambled and made more then 1 sub at half time though so I have never finished the game with less then 9 players and have never played with 9 players for more then 5 minutes.

If you gamble at half time in à cup match, the following might happen.
Long game, 2 injuries making the rest of the players work harder, players that should have been subbed, leading to two more injuries.

Tough luck ;)

Last edited:
Yep i see what you're saying, i just had to gamble because being 2-0 down and 3 players were on ratings of around 6.0 give or take .1 or .2 it seemed to me it was neccesary. I thought we were going to make it too and i would have been hella proud of the team but Spurs got a free kick in the 121st minute, it was fired in, Ochoa parried it out and obviously due to the lack of marking, it was parried right to Pocognoli i think it was? who smashed in the rebound, leaving the 7 players left on the field quite distraught.

Unlucky! I've never had more than two injuries in a game. Although as has been said, your problem kind of lies with using up all of your substitutes at half time. Even though they may have had a low rating, by encouraging (or shouting at them) they could have a good second half and improved.

Yep i definitely see what you mean, thing is i leave team talks to my assistant so half the time i don't know what's going to happen to those players when they go back on the field, i think in the future i may just use a max of 2 subs at half time and keep one in reserve for the latter stages of a game.

the positions i had people playing in was hilarious, i had rakitic as a lone striker, christian grindhiem as a lone CM, Stepanenko was playing as a CB instead of his usual CM/DM position, I think i may have had another CM playing as a full back. :D

it is rather annoying, when you do all 3 subs im certain the chance of injury goes up i have had to end the game with 9 or 10 men quite a few times which obv rarely happens in reality

Yea that's one of the gripes i have with the game... it only happens to a team once every maybe 6-7 games if not more that they have to sub a player off with an injury, on this it happens every 2-3. And as you say, when you make all subs the game seems to make the AI much more aggressive and causes them to injure your players (or just them randomly pulling their hamstring by attempting a sprint, which still wouldnt happen if you had subs left). A bit frustrating i agree.

I've never made more than 1 sub at half time, at the was a like-for-like change. I know injuries happen all too often so is it worth taking a gamble? Probably not. I ALWAYS wait until 70 minutes now to make just 1 sub and that's normally the person who's the tiredest. Obviously I have to make a change if someone gets injured before 70'.

Honestly i have never actually had such a cluster of injuries after making 3 subs at half time, but at the same time this is the first time i've had a cup game go to extra time in the whole save (we usually just lose. lol)

Back