Is this regen any good?

• Thread starter Thread starter A idan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2K

A idan

Reaction score
Just signed this lad for my Doncaster career from Burnley (325k in compensation).

Didn't manage to bring in any quality regens through my own youth intake, apart from a goalkeeper, so used the remains of my transfer budget on the best young player who'd enter contract discussions with me.

I've never been into this developing regen stuff as I've never played the game that long so want to see what I can do with him. He's only 1* at the moment, but has 5* potential which is promising!

What do you guys think and how should I go about bringing him into my team? I was thinking of keeping him at the club because of my good training facilities and using him as a sub and seeing how he does.

View attachment 300065

Just signed this lad for my Doncaster career from Burnley (325k in compensation).

Didn't manage to bring in any quality regens through my own youth intake, apart from a goalkeeper, so used the remains of my transfer budget on the best young player who'd enter contract discussions with me.

I've never been into this developing regen stuff as I've never played the game that long so want to see what I can do with him. He's only 1* at the moment, but has 5* potential which is promising!

What do you guys think and how should I go about bringing him into my team? I was thinking of keeping him at the club because of my good training facilities and using him as a sub and seeing how he does.

View attachment 300065

To be honest mate, he doesn't look that good. And since the star system is based on players you already have, when you start improving that potential rating will drop fast. Think you've wasted your money to be honest mate, sorry :(

To be honest mate, he doesn't look that good. And since the star system is based on players you already have, when you start improving that potential rating will drop fast. Think you've wasted your money to be honest mate, sorry :(

I never knew the star rating was based on the other players in your team! Thanks for that, haha.

Yeah, he's not the best in all fairness but was the best I could get being Doncaster manager. All the best ones won't enter discussions with you or sign for bigger clubs :( Will have to hope I bring in better players next year!

Work on short-term for now -bring in players on loan or cheap, older good quality players- 'till you get in the prem and have stayed away from relegation, then start planning for the future.

Despite how they play, I have loads of respect for Stoke City because of the way they planned getting into the prem and improving every year! :)

Just brought him on as a sub in the 65th minute and he managed two assists so there's hope atm! ;)

Yeah, like I said I never sign regens so this was just a one off thing to see how good I am at developing younger players. Gonna' upgrade my youth facilities soon as the board extended my scouting network to Europe during pre-season so might be able to find some better players hopefully.

What year are you in on your save? There's a young lad already at the club called James Husband and was wondering if you could see how he's doing on your save and where he is atm?

Just brought him on as a sub in the 65th minute and he managed two assists so there's hope atm! ;)

Yeah, like I said I never sign regens so this was just a one off thing to see how good I am at developing younger players. Gonna' upgrade my youth facilities soon as the board extended my scouting network to Europe during pre-season so might be able to find some better players hopefully.

What year are you in on your save? There's a young lad already at the club called James Husband and was wondering if you could see how he's doing on your save and where he is atm?

This is 2014/15. I'll get a scout report, but as I said that will be based on my own players :)
View attachment 300144View attachment 300145View attachment 300146

Scout report of him:

View attachment 300150
Says he'll become a decent premier league LB, and would cost me at least £2m so you should try to keep him :)

(This scout has 100% knowledge of England, and has 20 in judging potential and current ability, so it's reliable :) )

Scout report of him:

View attachment 300150
Says he'll become a decent premier league LB, and would cost me at least £2m so you should try to keep him :)

(This scout has 100% knowledge of England, and has 20 in judging potential and current ability, so it's reliable :) )

Cheers for that mate! Yeah, he's got good potential but he's so inconsistent I've signed another LB so I can drop him when he hits bad form.

He's not bad that regen. What is his personality on his information page? If he has high professionalism you could be onto a winner just by giving him playing time. If his professionalism is low it would be worth tutoring him.

He's not bad that regen. What is his personality on his information page? If he has high professionalism you could be onto a winner just by giving him playing time. If his professionalism is low it would be worth tutoring him.

Just loyal mate. Judging by his stats, would you play him as a winger or a striker? I've tried both and he's scored a goal and three assists so unsure to be fair haha!

Just loyal mate. Judging by his stats, would you play him as a winger or a striker? I've tried both and he's scored a goal and three assists so unsure to be fair haha!

Maybe a bit of both. If I wanted to give him some experience in more important games I'd have him on the wing, in less important games where winning/losing isn't an issue I'd give him a go up front. He's only 16 though, so just the odd games and sub appearances will be ok. I'd try to find a tutor with resolute personality or professional for him. If you had multiple tutors, you could try to bring his ambition up first too

About to sign another cracking little regen from Auxerre for £1M.

Didn't have enough funds so had to delay the transfer for a week and tinker with the budgets and ask the board for more money so I'm hoping I should be able to confirm after my next match.

Will bang a screenshot on of him if it goes through and you can let me know what you think! :)

^ hes ok. Not going to be a world beater but could possibly see him playing for a midtable club.

^ hes ok. Not going to be a world beater but could possibly see him playing for a midtable club.

Haha, I'm playing as Doncaster mate so being able to attract these sort of players is good for us. He's not the best I agree, but with the right training he could easily become a class act in this division if not the prem!

Definitely. Nurture him, give him some tutoring to improve his mental stats, and he could be an important player if your road to the premier league and you staying in the premier league.

Back