Is this Swindon team good enough for the Play Offs?

• Thread starter Thread starter Max
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2K

Max

Reaction score
Hey all, I have just started a new game with Swindon Town, the key players in there team from the start and probably Simon *** and Timlin, I have brought in a couple of quality young loan players, but I was just wondering in you opinion is this team good enough?

i reckon you should get promoted with that team.
Thanks for your comment mate, I think your right, I don't think automatic will be an option because with a couple of long term injuries to key players like Simon *** and some of the loan players it could cause selection problems and we could lack goals without *** and subotic, I really would like to finish 6th, I don't care if I finish 6th by miles, or on goal difference, I just want to develop the team. Obviously the loan players are only here this season, so a high finish is needed for more funds for next year for some permanent signings and good as them. I will keep updating the results etc on this thread, Oldham first game of season at home, this will be a good chance to see if my squad can gel quicklyy against a very good side.

Just looking at the team i would question a couple of players in positions. Seyfo Soley is miles miles better as a defensive or central midfielder, i have played him CB before and he has been found wanting on numberous occasions. Also you play Mutombo on the left of midfield when you have two very good natural left midfeilders on the bench (McNamee and Jeff Smith)

Subotic is a good striker at that level and Simon *** can be a bit of a goal machine so they are both fine.

My changes would be to put Jeff Smith on the left of Mid, Soley in centre of mid and put Kanyuka in at centre back. He's a quality defender.

Matt

yeah looks good im a big swindon fan and play as them all the time i have loaned subotic once from portsmouth he wasnt quick off the makr but bagged 8 goals in the last 10 matches of the season im on my second season with swindon and have just signed sammy parkin on a free have got 27 goals between *** and parkin in 22 games. mcnamee is decent on the left but doesnt get many goals i loaned robson-kanu from reading and he did a really good job i also brought nick barmby in on the right wing hes got 10 assists so far this season. let me know how things go

Just looking at the team i would question a couple of players in positions. Seyfo Soley is miles miles better as a defensive or central midfielder, i have played him CB before and he has been found wanting on numberous occasions. Also you play Mutombo on the left of midfield when you have two very good natural left midfeilders on the bench (McNamee and Jeff Smith)

Subotic is a good striker at that level and Simon *** can be a bit of a goal machine so they are both fine.

My changes would be to put Jeff Smith on the left of Mid, Soley in centre of mid and put Kanyuka in at centre back. He's a quality defender.

Matt
Ok thanks Matt, I think I will take your advice, I am just about to play Oldham at home now, I think I will play Soley in CM with Merida, Soley can break things up and be a bit more defensive which will give Merida more of a chance to make things happen, Mutombo can settle for the bench, if things need to be changed around they can be easily, haven't looked at Kanyuka's stats before but they are actually quite good, thanks mate. I will tell you how I get on against Oldham :)

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Swindon 2-3 Oldham:
One word. Cruel. We dominated all game but 3 mistakes from Kanyuka lost us the game, he won't be playing again for a while, that's for sure. On the good side of the game though *** and Subotic scored a goal each and ***'s goal was a 25 yarder, subotic chipped the keeper aswell. I think the reason that 7 players in the team where playing in a league game for the first time, it may take a while for them to gel, Colchester in cup at home next, may rest a few players and try and sort out my defence. Soley picked up an injury and am about to find out if it is serious or not. We need to win atleast 2 league games this month, defence just needs to sort itself out a bit. :) Will keep updated at end of this month

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Soley out for a month:
Not a good start to his Swindon career, he was good in the last game, starting off the attack from CB for our first goal, also means CB cover is lower, the first month will be important for me as I can see who is strongest in the team and who reacts best to what kind of team talk.

sean morrison is gd at cb might be young but can play a few games here an there

Swindon 3-0 Colchester:
Quality performance, *** scored two with mutombo scoring a screamer. Gotta play like this in the league.

Scunthorpe 2-0 Swindon:
Realistically this was never going to be easy, and we didn't make it any easier for ourselves by having around 60% of the possession all game, never scoring and then playing awfully defensively, Crewe at home next, must win game, we are bottom of the table and not getting any better. The Oldham result seems to of been a heartbreaker for the lads, and even a 3-0 win of Colchester couldn't help us here. *** didn't have a chance in this game being man marked by Mirfin.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Swindon 2-1 Crewe (***, Subotic):
This was a good performance, I changed the team around a bit, bringing in Ifill at CB and McGovern on the RW. Mutombo was on the bench for this game and I had Lansbury and Merida in CM, we needed creativity in this game and we had it, once again no clean sheet, BUT FINALLY 3 POINTS lol. Fulham at home in the cup next, hopefully will get some money for the club and would be fantastic for morale if we could win and get a winning streak going. *** was once again fantastic, same for Subotic who scored again and also had one disallowed for offside, his finishing and composure don't look much he can finish very clinically. COME ON YOU ROBINS!! Lol

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Bristol Rovers away is next league game after Fulham at home which I'm about to play next. Rickie Lambert in out for 3-4 weeks for Bristol :D

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Hi guys, this progress has been transferred to this link, so if you wanna keep seeing how I'm doing, go to : http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f55/swindon-town-the-journey-t17798.html#post136531

Yeh it look a decent team should get promoted then just buy few more playing when you do 2 make the team a bit more better lol

I'm suprised by Kanyuka's poor performance in the 1st game. I had him once for Stockport County and he was an absolute stalward!!

I have just started a new game with Bradford. Brought in Marin Andrews under recommendation. As it happens he might just turn out to be signing of the season. An Absolute BEAST in the air!!

Might be worth a try if you are struggling with goals conceaded. Also try and get John Ruddy from Everton on a season long loan. Very reliable keeper.

Back