Is this tactic compatible with lower leagues?

Bosniak

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I just created a new tactic, which has worked wonders with my AS Roma squad.

I started out with playing very defensively with it, and the result was a lot of boring draws. I ended up as 16.th in Seria A after New Years Eve, but when I made a few tweaks it was a roaring result. I ended up as 4.th. That's a lot of climbing!

I'm currently too invested in my current AS Roma game, but I am curios to see if my tactic is just as effective with lower league teams. If you're up for it, then take it for a spin, and tell me what you think about it! :D

I sold a lot of my WC players(Pjanic, Florenzi, Manolas, Falco, Naingolan) and replaced them with youths, which is what makes me curious to see how it works in lower leagues.

It has a lot of emphasis on Inside Forwards, with supporting FB's and a target man.

View attachment 215052

View attachment 215048
Download link: Inside Forward Goalmachine (P&P)_830ABC81-D2CE-4EEB-B130-8A81D7C1ED1C

Last edited:
I need to test it a bit more, but so far so good. I'm playing as Tranmere in the National League.

Southampton

just started a game with Southampton and my tactic i made for Blackburn has crashed and burned so i have decided to give this tactic a go. so far so good after 4 games i have won all my games 2-0. the teams i have played so far are Bournemouth,Watford,Norwich and Red Star in the Euro cup i will keep you informed on my progress as i go

Thank you!

If you provide screenshots of amazing matches with this tactic or any other form of statistics, I will credit you when I finally release the tactic with additional information.

I will also credit you,alphaguru

I started using the tactic at the Barnet game and you can see my fortunes have improved drastically!

Last edited:
I started using the tactic at the Barnet game and you can see my fortunes have improved drastically!

Thats awesome! My understanding is that it could use a little more defensive tweaking, am I right?

Maybe! To be honest, the main problem I have with it is that I am now getting an insane amount of red cards and injuries, plus it seems a lot more stable at home rather than away.

I restarted my Southampton save so I could run the tactic through pre season so I would give a much better account of it working these are my results so far only one loss 4-1 to Tottenham but them beat Liverpool 4-1 in the next game all I have done is switch my target man to attack rather than support

92ab84b142867f51e570c3369b474324.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this could be a good tactic, but frankly the ME is enough of a joke that I can't be sure. I played the same ten games with Hearts over and over again from the start of the game. Scored within five minutes in every game, but ended up conceding two or three in each one (all from crosses) while not adding more than a second. Lost 8 of 10. The other two were a 2-2 and 3-3 draw. The defensive issues need addressing, but I think the ME has a bug with the full backs not picking up their markers and CMs not tracking back to stop attacks and distribution to the flanks.

I restarted my Southampton save so I could run the tactic through pre season so I would give a much better account of it working these are my results so far only one loss 4-1 to Tottenham but them beat Liverpool 4-1 in the next game all I have done is switch my target man to attack rather than support

Sounds really good!

So far the general feedback seems to be that it has a few weak spots in away games as your loss to Tottenham also illustrates, while the tactic being solid on home games.

Interesting feedback with TM on attack duty though!

Maybe! To be honest, the main problem I have with it is that I am now getting an insane amount of red cards and injuries, plus it seems a lot more stable at home rather than away.

Yes, I have the same issues albeit I do not know if the disciplinary issues are with the tactic or the ME. I've read on reddit and SI Forums that there seems to be an overflow of red cards and injuries.

My thoughts on this is that the red cards might be lowered by tweaking the BWM. When he runs to chase the ballholder, he opens up space behind him. This situation puts a lot of pressure on the two CD's.

I will wait for the beta to end before tweaking the BWM though as it could merely be a ME issue.

As for injuries, I have experienced that they are mostly a plague in the early phase of the season. During winter and till season end they are a rare sight.

Do you experience the same?

I only switched the TM to attack as I found him drifting back and rarely being in the box but on attack he seems to do a mixture of both and my IFs are scoring more. I'd say away is sometimes a downfall as my only other loss has been 1-0 to crystal palace but in Europe home and away it seems to work great

Sounds really good!

So far the general feedback seems to be that it has a few weak spots in away games as your loss to Tottenham also illustrates, while the tactic being solid on home games.

Interesting feedback with TM on attack duty though!

Yes, I have the same issues albeit I do not know if the disciplinary issues are with the tactic or the ME. I've read on reddit and SI Forums that there seems to be an overflow of red cards and injuries.

My thoughts on this is that the red cards might be lowered by tweaking the BWM. When he runs to chase the ballholder, he opens up space behind him. This situation puts a lot of pressure on the two CD's.

I will wait for the beta to end before tweaking the BWM though as it could merely be a ME issue.

As for injuries, I have experienced that they are mostly a plague in the early phase of the season. During winter and till season end they are a rare sight.

Do you experience the same?

I do get a lot of injuries at the start of the season but they do seem to keep cropping up throughout the season. Like you say, it could be the match engine.

I think your explanation regarding the BWM is spot on, as it's mostly my defenders getting the red cards. When I get a red card I normally take off the BWM, what do you think? I think he is probably the most disposable outfield player in the tactic.

I only switched the TM to attack as I found him drifting back and rarely being in the box but on attack he seems to do a mixture of both and my IFs are scoring more. I'd say away is sometimes a downfall as my only other loss has been 1-0 to crystal palace but in Europe home and away it seems to work great

I have tried a few tweaks in accordance with your feedback. Try retaining the TM on support but setting "Clear ball to flanks" in team instructions. I've had great succes with this today.

A new observation that I've made is that Edin Dzeko was better at being a TM than Harry Kane is. It might be due to Dzeko's PPM's. I'm not entirely sure. Seeing as he became 31 years old, I sold him, in my 3.rd season.

When Harry Kane became my 1.st. choice striker I observed a drastic fall in performance overall. My IF's weren't creating chances or goals.

I tried changing the TM role to DLF (Su), and this is a great succes. Especially in combination with clear ball to flanks.

So there is an alternative if your TM isn't good enough to be a TM.

Nice idea on the DLF (su) I used that but made my IFs into wingers and it's worked amazing in the first 4 games all away games with my best win a 6-2 hammering of Crystal palace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk