It will not let me take control of a national team

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFletcher

Reaction score
i am a club manager, and when i get offered a national job, i would accept it, but then it doesnt let me take controll of the team? any help??

I want to know how you manage a country from the first day of the season, is that possible? anyone help with my problem as well?

i am a club manager, and when i get offered a national job, i would accept it, but then it doesnt let me take controll of the team? any help??
Maybe the job has been filled? I'm not very good,national managing is **** ;)Or the club don't want you to?
@ the person below when selcting a team,look at the natinal section in the drop menu

nahh it hasnt been filled, its like a glitch, but i was wondering if any1 else has ecountered this problem n how to fix it

Please use the search bar, their are loads of threads about this.
It was a bug in the original patch, just patch up the game and it should be fixed!

Yeah it is a well known bug, install the new patch.

Guys, I don't want to spam but I want to know how to get people to view my story, how can I do it please? As I said, I don't mean to advertise here, It's just I want to know how to get more views to be honest.

Im having an issue where it wont let me manage Germany?!!! I've got the latest patch but the German team isn't on the Nations list and once started a game they have all fake players and none of the real German national players get called up! I've gone into the editor on the game but cant see anything that would require being changed to make the team available! In the game editor or FMRTE!

Has anyone else had this issue or know how to make the German team managable?

To get real players to play for Germany you have to delete a file called "Fake" which is in the db folder in the game directory, I think.

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\db then choose the db, go into "inc" then "all" the delete the "fake" file.

Or if your FM 2010 is installed in the Steam folder then you will need to delete fake.inc from...

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data\db\

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Cheers Chris, I've deleted the "fake" file but when i loaded a new game it still didn't let me take control of Germany!!! as for the players getting called up i'm waiting til the next German game to see if the real players get call ups!!!

If anybody has any idea's how to make the German National team playable, would appreciate their idea's?

Thanks again Chris

Cheers Chris, I've deleted the "fake" file but when i loaded a new game it still didn't let me take control of Germany!!! as for the players getting called up i'm waiting til the next German game to see if the real players get call ups!!!

If anybody has any idea's how to make the German National team playable, would appreciate their idea's?

Thanks again Chris

NP, start a new game just to see if tht works

time for this thread to close. all the answers could have been found by searching

Status
Not open for further replies.