City Blue

Reaction score
This is being played on the FM11 January update as I don't have FM12
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1 July 2010​
MAZZARRI LEAVES NAPLES
Shocking news from Naples as football club S.S.C Napoli lose manager Walter Mazzarri.Players and fans alike are shocked by the news.
Marek Hamsik (player)-"I don't know why he left we're all quite shocked"
Alberto Ascagni (fan)-"It is quite strange to lose Walter he is a great man"
The board of Napoli have sent they're best wishes to Mr.Mazzarri

NAPOLI A SHORT HISTORY
Founded in 1926 S.S.C Napoli is a relatively new club just 84 years-old.Azzuri as they are also called are a mid-table Seri A side.They have won Serie A twice in 1987 and 1990.The Coppa Italia three times in 1962,1976 and 1987.They have also won the Europa League (or UEFA Cup) once in 1989.

I sat in my flat in Wales not quite believing what I was seeing my favourite foreign club without a manager!I was disgraced.I was about to move to Naples for a few years to experience different cultures.Especially football cultures.I had my bags packed for the journey and a cv ready just in case.I sent my cv beforehand

5 July 2010
I had safely landed in Naples and checked into my hotel.They said there was a letter waiting for an Mr Matthew Hawkins.I opened it in my hotel room.
Dear Mr.Hawkins
We here at S.S.C Napoli have reviewed all job applications and decided you're the man for the job.If you could come down here to sign the deal we would be very grateful.
Yours sincerely
Aurelio De Laurentiis

Wanted

5 July 2010
I pulled into the car park of Stadio San Paolo and I was nervous Napoli were a big club perhaps it was set-up.I was wearing a suit I had brought with me from Wales and it seemed tight as I walked in the Italian sun.My friends knew I was here but not the stadium they thought I was being interviewed in the local Tesco.How wrong were they!I walked into the reception and was relieved to be met by air-conditioning.I asked for Mr.De Laurentiis' office at reception and was told he was in a meeting.After a nervous two-hour wait I saw him walk out off a room and shake the hand of a British man a businessman perhaps?He spoke to the receptionist for a few moments and he looked over to me.
"Aaaaaah Mr.Hawkins" he said shaking me hand "come in,come in"
It turned out Mr.De Laurentiis had a limited grasp of English.So I wasn't surprised when I was introduced to a translator.After an hour of discussions I was handed a pen and a sheet of paper.
These are the terms we would like to offer you.
12,750 euro per week
Expires 30.6.2012
Matthew Hawkins
(please sign here)

Press

7 July 2010

"Hello and welcome to Stadio San Paolo where Napoli are to announce they're new manager.The light blue door is opening....Oh no just a translator probably.Wait he's being followed by De Laurentiis!"
"Hello ladies and gentleman.I am here to announce the new manager of S.S.C Napoli.He is sitting beside me.Please welcome Mr.Matthew Hawkins"
A chorus of who's?Ran around the room until finally a journalist asked a question.

So Mr.Hawkins what style of football do you intend to play?
I like attacking football and that is what I will install into the players.

Will you try keeping Marek Hamsik at the club?
Marek is a special player and I will be trying to keep him at the club

What areas will you strengthen?
I will ***** the squad before making any rash decisions

You have taken this job without being able to speak Italian.How will this affect getting ideas across?
I will be employing staff from my native Britain as well as English-speaking Italians to aid me.The club have also arranged Italian lessons.

How involved will you be at the club?
I want to know what's happening there so I'll be very involved

The conference ended and I went to my office.I decided to watch the squad train for a bit out my window before jogging down in a training kit to tell them how they'll play this season.

Signing(s)

gazzetta-dello-sport.jpg

B & B
seb_oct637.jpg

jay-bothroyd-pic-getty-images-23436700.jpg

Today Napoli manager Matthew Hawkins announced the signings of Tottenham Hotspur defender Sebastien Bassong for 4,800,000 euro.The defender was out of favour at Spurs and was on the transfer-list for almost 2 million below his value.The next signing was strange.Cardiff City striker Jay Bothroyd signing the day after for 5,250,000 euro.That amount for a back-up player is debatable.Here's Hawkins' view on the signings."Jay and Sebastien are extremely talented players and will be great additions to the squad.Jay has experience in the league already playing for Perugia for two years.Sebastien is a steal for just under 5 million and we're pleased to have signed him."

150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png

200px-SSC_Napoli.svg.png

Cardiff City.jpg

200px-SSC_Napoli.svg.png

NAPOLI LET PLAYERS LEAVE
​As well as signing two players Napoli also saw four players leave Naples.
aronica3.jpg

174745_106206316121413_6908483_n.jpg

vita.jpg

59884.jpg
All 4 players are on loan Aronica to Ajax,Mascara to Palermo,Vitale to Getafe and Grava to Young Boys but there are views of these being made permanent.The club also received funds for these.
200px-Ajax_Amsterdam.svg.png

logo_palermo_calcio.jpg

Getafe-Club-de-Futbol1.jpg

YoungBoysLogo.png

Last edited: