Italian leagues transfers bug

• Thread starter Thread starter kandersson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 2K

kandersson

Reaction score
I came across some serious bug while progressing with my san Marino challenge.

Italy has some tough limitations about non-EU players: Serie A clubs can sign only two non-EU from abroad per season; Serie B clubs can only sign non-EU already playing in Italy; Serie C1 and C2 are simply not allowed any non-EU.

These rules were all implemented in previous games, and all seemed to work fine in FM12 as well. Unfortunately there's a bug occurring (at least in serie C2 and serie C1) the moment you secure promotion to the next division: then you are allowed to sign an unlimited number of non-EU players (both immediate free transfers or finalizing contracts for next year) until "official" start of new season (june 30th) when things go back to normality and non-EU rules are in place.

First year I thought it might be a new rule I wasn't aware of, so fully took advantage of it. Then I realised it was a massive bug and just limited myself the next year ;)

has this happened to anyone else? Anybody knows if this will still happen when you gain promotion from serie B? Or in serie A years? I'm on 12.0.2 has this been corrected in new updates?

thanks

Back