Italian Tactic Success! Libero.. Mezalla.. with a touch of Brazil... Segundo Volante

Reaction score
After 4 starts with Everton (using normal player roles and formations) and only getting to October before quitting I researched a bit of football history and got inspired by the new roles, I'm half Italian (and half wooly back) so straight away loved reading about the 1960's Inter and AC Milan sides and the use of the Mezalla and Libero. And wow love the Brazilian Segundo Volante!

Hard to find players for these rolesso I searched the Brazialian and Italian leagues and found..

Libero (Attack) Rodrigo Ciao from Sao Paulo (SPO) for 18m plus 5m performance related add ons and too back up I'm retraining Tom Davies a local lad with good stats for this position.

Mezalla (Attack) I am using Davy Klassen (already moves into channels) and I've just bought Gedson Fernandes from SLB for 8.75m plus 5m performance 15m related add ons

Segundo Volante I'm using Idrissa Gueye who's already at Everton and have bought Ozan Tufan from Fenerbache for 6.75m (bargain!)

Also using an inverted wing back on the right and inverted winger on the left...

Anyway only in December so maybe the **** will hit the fan soon and my bubble will burst!

See what you think..

View attachment 67055View attachment 67054

View attachment 67053View attachment 67052

Results so far (created tactic on 25 Sept so just showing these)...

View attachment 67051

Thanks!

Mirella the blue nose

Penyards Avenue

Holy Moly that is a lot of attack duties

But with a libero to cover the high line and keep possesion short passing seems to work (surprisingly!!)

For the away tactics I just change from very fluid to fluid and drop back one nudge

Who doesn't love a freaking Liberio!!! Good luck.

NEWLANDS VISA

Smashed City in the League Cup semi 2nd leg at home 4 nil to reach the final and bossed Chelsea in the final 2 nil.... :)!!!!

View attachment 1146696 View attachment 66877

Although got lucky with a 93rd minute goal took us through in the Europa at home to Nice.

View attachment 66875

Drew to Burnley at home and the injuries and games are taking the toll but fighting on, 2-2 away at Arsenal COYB!

View attachment 66874

Just need to find a proper Mezalla, Klassen's been good but any ideas? Not sure Gedson Fernandes is cutting it?

Beat the s... at home...

View attachment 66873

2nd in the league and Jack Wilshire on loan has been a disaster!

View attachment 66877

HELP!...

It's all gone ***** up...

View attachment 66838

So I organised a friendly vs tranmere to boost moral, I was 2nd easily now I'm struggling to finish top 4, got city at home so got to win that and through to the fa cup final :) after that but even 2 cup wins in my first season will feel like a disaster if I dont qualify for the champions league!