its official

Reaction score
its official andrey arshavin has gone from zenit to arsenal for 16.75 mil and wil wear the num 23 shirt
i think he will make a impact and will be arsenals new icon like henry and a fans favourite wbu?

where does it say 16.75? ive read loads of different prices and its undisclosed anywhere ive looked

NOT WORTH OVER 12 MILLION!?!?!?!?!?!?! :O
I would pay 25M for him!

I would pay 25M for him!

Why? he has a sepll of 3-4 months where yes he was verging on worldclass but up until then he was an unknown (bear in mind hes 27) and hes done nothing since.

Still im glad hes in the EPL will be nice to see him week in week out and in a top league

People have mixed views on him, Didnt Barca pull out of a deal? He did pwn the euro's and the Uefa cup games i seen him though.

He was amazing at Euros and Euro Cup, pure class. I haven't heard much about him since but I believe he's a class player.

I would pay 25M for him!

You would pay that in FM maybe but in the real world i would say anything over 12 mil for arshavin is a bit steep.

I know the transfer market values have gone mad over the last two seasons but yeah 12 mil max.

Like liverpool paying 21 mil for keane, good player but shocking price tag!!.

Arshavin was brilliant in the euros but unproven in the prem.

Good luck to the lad though, the only way to prove is to play!! :D

Well Robbie Keane is Irish so you've got to pay a little extra :D (JK)
Still in RL I wouldn't pay 25, but I think 16.25 is a good price.
I really think Arsenal should concentrate on signing a keeper though, now that Given is gone to City they should make a move for Arthur Boruc (Celtic)

Id happily sell boruc as long as we get the 10m quoted.

I think he's overrated because he's only had a good year, if that. And he's 27. Yet as people have said prices are more inflated than ever before, so if it's around 12m it's a good buy considering his apparent ability, but I would not go much above 15m I don't think.

you have to remeber its not just andrey arshavin we're buying, it's belief in wenger, an attacking spark and threat. imagine how crippled wenger would have been if he'd have3 bought a youngster or even worse no-one people would see him as incompetant.

i would rather he spent 16 mil on alonso or richards but even still right now the lift arshavin will hopeful;ly bring to the squad is our only chance of keeping fabregas and winniing anything

My personal view would be that alonso is worth about 9 mil max! Id probably say richards is worth between 15 - 18 mil, but alonso 9 mil pushing it.

Yeah I guess what mitchayo said is true, its a sign of intent buying someone with a good reputation who is highly regarded. Although then again, J.A Reyes was like that :P

My personal view would be that alonso is worth about 9 mil max! Id probably say richards is worth between 15 - 18 mil, but alonso 9 mil pushing it.

Wow as an Lpool fan I thought you would value Alonso more, it seems as if he's been rather good this season. Unlike Richards who has been gash and then some!

you have to remeber its not just andrey arshavin we're buying, it's belief in wenger, an attacking spark and threat. imagine how crippled wenger would have been if he'd have3 bought a youngster or even worse no-one people would see him as incompetant.

i would rather he spent 16 mil on alonso or richards but even still right now the lift arshavin will hopeful;ly bring to the squad is our only chance of keeping fabregas and winniing anything

Its unreal how bad Micah Richards actually is. ATM id rathe rhave Titus Bramble tbh, hes a safer bet. I think youve all be playing too much FM.

As for Alonso, i dont particularly like him but hes a great player. Just sits deep and spreys all sorts of passes all sorts of distances, very good combo him and masha

HAHHAHAHA like fat blunder is worth 10m

I know. If he was mentally focused he'd easily be in the top 5 in the world like he was a year ago but now hes gotten divource, fat, is always out partying and on the feild his concenetration is poor and he loves winding opposition fans up.

Its sad to see that happen to someone of Borucs quality. He needs to get it back together and move somewhere to start fresh.

Wow as an Lpool fan I thought you would value Alonso more, it seems as if he's been rather good this season. Unlike Richards who has been gash and then some![/quote]

I know, alonso has had a good season so far and as you say richards so far this season has'nt played up to expectations. But the age margin and richards potential has produced my price tag equation there lol!!

Its unreal how bad Micah Richards actually is. ATM id rathe rhave Titus Bramble tbh, hes a safer bet. I think youve all be playing too much FM.

As for Alonso, i dont particularly like him but hes a great player. Just sits deep and spreys all sorts of passes all sorts of distances, very good combo him and masha.

if i was going for a central defender id rather have hangeland he's big strong and does what a centreback should

and i resent that! the only time i've had him on fm was when i was man city and he could be a donkey to the highest extent he's what 19 20 now he's not supposed to be complete and consistent, fabregas has had the most incredibly dull season and he's still rated wrold class you cant drop a talent over oneseason it's the club not just the player doing bad in both fabregas and richards cases, especially considering he's not a centre back he's a right back he's said in the media he doesnt like playing and he was magical at right back in an england shirt.

i dont know why i even suggested him actually we have sagna and clichy possibly the two best wingbacks in the world

i was refering to our need to keep fabgreas as he has said he would love alonso to join arsenal, also after flamini diarra (who i know was a doney at arsenal) left we have do decent holding midfielders! i think alonso is the only hope of a solution to arsenals problems keeping fabregas, winning and winning in style! he's got the tecnical side sorted and im sure he'd do fine phsycally i mean flamini wasnt strong but he was tireless, also i dont understand w enger's hype over denilson i really dont rate him that highly his passing is so inconstistent he can misplace the simplest of passes!

has a nyone notice how senderos thinks he's fabregas, no but he's actually such a good passer ahaa

finial noteon arsenal...eboue is so bad... so bad

if i was going for a central defender id rather have hangeland he's big strong and does what a centreback should

and i resent that! the only time i've had him on fm was when i was man city and he could be a donkey to the highest extent he's what 19 20 now he's not supposed to be complete and consistent, fabregas has had the most incredibly dull season and he's still rated wrold class you cant drop a talent over oneseason it's the club not just the player doing bad in both fabregas and richards cases, especially considering he's not a centre back he's a right back he's said in the media he doesnt like playing and he was magical at right back in an england shirt.

i dont know why i even suggested him actually we have sagna and clichy possibly the two best wingbacks in the world

Ive never rated him and i think its more of a case of people realising hes not becoming as great as it looked like he could become when he was 18. The only reason he plays/played right back was becuase he couldnt be trusted at RB hes all pace and sstrength. CB should be his position if any.

Back